Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Question In need of Muzzle and Harness suggestions

Hi all,

Mr. Brink had a vet appt today and he went nuts after the vet did a dry eye test and then booty squeeze ontop of the reason we actully went to check his feet -.- long story short he is required to have a muzzle now for visits and I figured if ask if anyone has suggestions since it's harder to fit a smush face. It can be open or closed front he doesn't have any issues other than letting vets know he doesn't like things with his mouth.

Also looking for any step in harness ideas (bonus if it has a handle) so we can control and hold our 67lb baby better when he is uncomfortable since that's the only tI'm he isn't just a snoring pile of mush that let's you do whatever to him.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: In need of Muzzle and Harness suggestions

We had a basket muzzle for our American Bulldog when she started attacking our cats, although she never actually hurt them. Her nose was a bit longer but I would think it would work for an EB. Just as an example.....English Bulldog 13"-3" Leather Basket Dog Muzzle Boxer American Bulldog 2 colors | eBay

Note to add, we later found out our AB had a brain tumor and she soon after started having seizures, poor girl. Not her fault.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles116 View Post
    Hi all,

Mr. Brink had a vet appt today and he went nuts after the vet did a dry eye test and then booty squeeze ontop of the reason we actully went to check his feet -.- long story short he is required to have a muzzle now for visits and I figured if ask if anyone has suggestions since it's harder to fit a smush face. It can be open or closed front he doesn't have any issues other than letting vets know he doesn't like things with his mouth.

Also looking for any step in harness ideas (bonus if it has a handle) so we can control and hold our 67lb baby better when he is uncomfortable since that's the only tI'm he isn't just a snoring pile of mush that let's you do whatever to him.
    Hi, I don't have any experience with muzzles, so can't recommend one, but we use the K9 Julius Harnesses, and they have a handle. They are easy to put on with Velcro are light weight. You can order them on line from the K9 Julius website, or from Amazon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

4. Likes Cuddles116 liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, I don't have any experience with muzzles, so can't recommend one, but we use the K9 Julius Harnesses, and they have a handle. They are easy to put on with Velcro are light weight. You can order them on line from the K9 Julius website, or from Amazon.
    Im debating buying one. They seem bulky. Are they comfortable in them? How is it inethe summer as they look thick. I want to buy one but not sure.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Im debating buying one. They seem bulky. Are they comfortable in them? How is it inethe summer as they look thick. I want to buy one but not sure.
    we love our Julius Harnesses, and I know others on here also have them and love them. They are really lightweight, about 2 lbs, they are really easy to put on and take off, and they are super comfortable on the chest. They have a handle for better handling, especially when they jump up, or you want more control, and they are not bulky at all. They wipe clean, and the Velcro name tags can be customized to anything you want. These are the harnesses that the police and the military use on their training dogs.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Wanted to add, the basket muzzle we had was plastic, much lighter that the leather.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

9. Likes Cuddles116 liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Cuddles116 There is a site called ForDogTrainers.com they have muzzles fitted for every breed.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I was looking at the K9 Julius so I'm so glad it got mentioned I am going to give it a try.

I'm totally intimidated by the leather studed muzzles, they make them look so mean =( he's a cuddle monster.

I can't seem to find a plastic cage one or even just a less biker one lol

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

*Update*

Just incase anyone else needs some ideas. We did end up with a Julius K9 IDC Powerharness in a size 1, Brink is usually between 60 and 70 pounds and his chest measures about 33 inches, it fit's very well and there is room to grow or make smaller as needed.

-20161105_132708-1-jpg
    -20161105_132749-1-jpg

As for the muzzle we went with Canine Friendly Short Snout Dog Muzzle in Xlarge which was a perfect fit for mister no nose bridge. He doesn't seem to mind it and has been less growly and nippy during things that normally anger the big boy. He actually has been pretty calm when he has to wear it which has made nail care SOOO much better.

-img953232-1-jpg
    -img953230-1-jpg
    -img953234-1-jpg

15. Likes 2BullyMama, Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

*Update*

Just incase anyone else needs some ideas. We did end up with a Julius K9 IDC Powerharness in a size 1, Brink is usually between 60 and 70 pounds and his chest measures about 33 inches, it fit's very well and there is room to grow or make smaller as needed.

-20161105_132708-1-jpg
    -20161105_132749-1-jpg

As for the muzzle we went with Canine Friendly Short Snout Dog Muzzle in Xlarge which was a perfect fit for mister no nose bridge. He doesn't seem to mind it and has been less growly and nippy during things that normally anger the big boy. He actually has been pretty calm when he has to wear it which has made nail care SOOO much better.

-img953232-1-jpg
    -img953230-1-jpg
    -img953234-1-jpg
    Looks like a little hip trend welder

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

*Update*

-20161105_132708-1-jpg
    -20161105_132749-1-jpg

-img953232-1-jpg
    -img953230-1-jpg
    -img953234-1-jpg

thanks for the update --- happy to see he is doing well ad you found a solution
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)