Female puppy still peeing in house

Helicoptermom

Jun 1, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Munson and Sugar
Our puppy Sugar is almost 5 months. She sleeps all night in her crate without any accidents. We take her out to potty at least every two hours during the day, but I still catch her squatting and peeing in different places in the house. We do have another bulldog who is one and a half who never had any accidents. Sometimes these accidents happen when she is in middle of playing with Munson, but other accidents occur when she wanders off for a moment or after a potty break. She has been given clean bill of health with no UTI. This is a daily occurrence at different times in the day. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She is still young. Some takes time. Especially if she's playing a just a pup. Make sure you wash all floors with vinegar even the cracks of the wood. That is if you have wooden floors. Wash all the bedding as well. Rinse cycle with vinegar. Dont worry my mom use to work in a hospital that's what they use to rinse with. Praise her with good words outside. Does she go in a specific corner outside to pee? If so use that corner only and train her thats her peeing area and praise. She will make the link its her toilet places.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
You got some good advice also although it may be a pain but you might just have to keep her with you on a leash at all times in the house until it clicks for her. The moment you see her squat you scoop her up and take her outside and praise like crazy! They always seem to go when you aren't paying attention and if you can't have her on a lead then she has to be in her crate until she gets better at this. She probably doesn't think she is doing anything wrong and some pups just have smaller bladders they have to grow in to. good luck!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
The ladies have given some great advice, as I have had a similar situation with Ellie, and their advice helped us out!! And with some persistence from mommy and daddy, the light bulb came on

Also, I know you mentioned she was clear of the UTI, JUST a suggestion, and NO cause for panic, maybe have the Vet check for Crystals, they can sometimes occur without infection, and can irritate the bladder, and cause a sensation of having to pee frequently.

I'm sure this little lady will be on the right tack soon, YOU GOT THIS!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My Martha took longer to get completely potty trained, but I kept a puppy pad out, and she would go on the pad,when I wasn't looking! She was almost 10 months old, when I took the pad up and she no longer used it. Some get it sooner than others! Don't give up,try putting a pad down,and if she pees on it,don't change it right away.

OP
Helicoptermom

Helicoptermom

Jun 1, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Munson and Sugar
She is still young. Some takes time. Especially if she's playing a just a pup. Make sure you wash all floors with vinegar even the cracks of the wood. That is if you have wooden floors. Wash all the bedding as well. Rinse cycle with vinegar. Dont worry my mom use to work in a hospital that's what they use to rinse with. Praise her with good words outside. Does she go in a specific corner outside to pee? If so use that corner only and train her thats her peeing area and praise. She will make the link its her toilet places.

Thanks so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I will try that, thanks

OP
Helicoptermom

Helicoptermom

Jun 1, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Munson and Sugar
Oh thanks so much . I will mention that to the vet if problem persists.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online