Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I just want to come hug you.... keep us posted on everything-- we're here for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much. This group has been amazing and I thought that I was going in the right direction with her but I guess I was wrong. I will keep you all posted on how she does at her new home. Thanks again.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sometimes things just do not work out. You can't beat yourself up about it. Hard decisions need to be made sometimes. One thing about this group is there is never any judgement. you did your best and that's all anyone can do. Sending you hugs!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You did, as did your husband, the BEST y'all could do.

Please try to let the guilt & anxiety go and take care
of your family & yourself, stress is not good!

Biscuit will be fine and so will y'all...life moves forward.

Great honesty here and may help someone, thank you!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG... I'm SO sorry to read your update :(

First of all IMO you did the RIGHT thing... your kids come first, and obviously w/expecting #3 you do not have the time or energy to handle this. I re-homed a dog when I was pregnant w/my second child because after 2 trainers (and my hubby being deployed) I realized that she was too much for me to handle. It was the best decision for all of us...

Secondly I honestly think that someone is killing cats in your neighborhood... that is crazy that you have had 3 cats killed on your property. Most outdoor cats can outrun dogs, and many of them can defend themselves w/their claws.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sorry to read about all you're going through and you're doing the right thing by rehoming Biscuit. I can't believe a bulldog would be that aggressive to another animal but I guess thats because neither of mine have harmed another animal. The female would run the off but Chunky has no aggression but is too rough for small dogs

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hugs to you Caitlin! I'm so sorry you're going through this just know you've done nothing to deserve it. Thinking of you and Biscuit and wishing there was something I could say to make you feel better :( just know that we are all here for you

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
OMG... I'm SO sorry to read your update :(

First of all IMO you did the RIGHT thing... your kids come first, and obviously w/expecting #3 you do not have the time or energy to handle this. I re-homed a dog when I was pregnant w/my second child because after 2 trainers (and my hubby being deployed) I realized that she was too much for me to handle. It was the best decision for all of us...

Secondly I honestly think that someone is killing cats in your neighborhood... that is crazy that you have had 3 cats killed on your property. Most outdoor cats can outrun dogs, and many of them can defend themselves w/their claws.

Thank you so much. See when the 2nd one happened I was sure it had to be someone doing it. But then chalked it up to maybe a hawk or eagle. After this and the fact that after several years of this cat going to our porch either one of 2 things happened. Someone put him back there OR the neighbors loose dogs chased him back there. The cat food is ALWAYS out on the front porch, there was no reason for him to go into the yard and he would of had to squeeze under the fence. My dogs knew him they would sniff each other when I took them on walks. But I have no "proof" of anything. That is why I want cameras. This is what our back yard and front of our house looks like, why would a cat go in there when the food is on the porch?

back yard.jpgOur house.jpg

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Sorry to read about all you're going through and you're doing the right thing by rehoming Biscuit. I can't believe a bulldog would be that aggressive to another animal but I guess thats because neither of mine have harmed another animal. The female would run the off but Chunky has no aggression but is too rough for small dogs

I never would have thought, and I own 2 pitbulls. What is hard to understand is she doesn't even care if she sees a cat while on leash. I guess that is why I'm just so utterly confused.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.