Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23

Thread: So we had a trainer come out...

  1. #13
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,894
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6116

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsmom View Post
    Thank you so much for all of this! So I got home and went to the back yard. It was a horrible scene. First off there was a dead opossum that had JUST happened that morning after I had left because Biscuit had scars on her face. The cat was older yes and we can't figure out why he would have been in our yard. We have a 6ft privacy fence, yes there are slits but they are too small for a cat to go through, the only chance to get in would be to go under the gate. But why? It reeks of dog pee and my bigger dogs are out most of the time (dog door). Our only conclusion is the neighbors loose dogs chased him into the yard or something if fishy. This is the 3rd cat found dead in our yard. The first was before Biscuit. The 2nd I saw when I let her out in the morning, it had rained the night before and the cat was be-headed. There was no evidence in our yard so I assumed a Hawk dropped it? This time there was plenty of evidence. Fur everywhere, it was gruesome. I've never been so sick in my life.

    Biscuit is being picked up tomorrow. They are aware of everything and they have older kids. I have NEVER not trusted her with my kids, inside she is a different dog. I just told my mom it's like she is bi-polar. The person still wanted her. I cried all day yesterday, anxiety was so bad I shook all day. This cat yesterday wasn't just a stray but one we have taken care of for a long time, he was so sweet. My husband was crying, it was the worst day ever.

    I just can't handle it anymore. I'm expecting my 3rd child, my youngest was over one when we got Biscuit as a puppy and what if she doesn't like the newborn? This is so hard for me but it has to be done. I'll be able to see her on facebook, etc. I may get another bulldog down the road but not for a while. Thanks again.
    Don't be hard on yourself. It is NOT easy to have made that choice. I know some might not agree but you have done the right decision for the family. I didn't know about you being pregnant now that's even more of a right decision to place B elsewhere! You won't have that 3 hr for her let alone the family or when your newest bundle comes along. All these dead cats in your side I think the neighbors too if you had no fur or anything anywhere nor you had B back then too. Odd. So don't be hard on yourself. Ms B is going to be looked after.

    Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

  2. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    39,960
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11323

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsmom View Post
    Thank you so much for all of this! So I got home and went to the back yard. It was a horrible scene. First off there was a dead opossum that had JUST happened that morning after I had left because Biscuit had scars on her face. The cat was older yes and we can't figure out why he would have been in our yard. We have a 6ft privacy fence, yes there are slits but they are too small for a cat to go through, the only chance to get in would be to go under the gate. But why? It reeks of dog pee and my bigger dogs are out most of the time (dog door). Our only conclusion is the neighbors loose dogs chased him into the yard or something if fishy. This is the 3rd cat found dead in our yard. The first was before Biscuit. The 2nd I saw when I let her out in the morning, it had rained the night before and the cat was be-headed. There was no evidence in our yard so I assumed a Hawk dropped it? This time there was plenty of evidence. Fur everywhere, it was gruesome. I've never been so sick in my life.

    Biscuit is being picked up tomorrow. They are aware of everything and they have older kids. I have NEVER not trusted her with my kids, inside she is a different dog. I just told my mom it's like she is bi-polar. The person still wanted her. I cried all day yesterday, anxiety was so bad I shook all day. This cat yesterday wasn't just a stray but one we have taken care of for a long time, he was so sweet. My husband was crying, it was the worst day ever.

    I just can't handle it anymore. I'm expecting my 3rd child, my youngest was over one when we got Biscuit as a puppy and what if she doesn't like the newborn? This is so hard for me but it has to be done. I'll be able to see her on facebook, etc. I may get another bulldog down the road but not for a while. Thanks again.
    I just want to come hug you.... keep us posted on everything-- we're here for you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #15
    Pet Sitter Biscuitsmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    321
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)
    441

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Don't be hard on yourself. It is NOT easy to have made that choice. I know some might not agree but you have done the right decision for the family. I didn't know about you being pregnant now that's even more of a right decision to place B elsewhere! You won't have that 3 hr for her let alone the family or when your newest bundle comes along. All these dead cats in your side I think the neighbors too if you had no fur or anything anywhere nor you had B back then too. Odd. So don't be hard on yourself. Ms B is going to be looked after.

    Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    Thank so much, I am trying not to get upset over it all but I can't help it. I have been fighting this uphill battle with her for months now and it's getting worse. I don't think I'm the right owner for her.

    Yeah I still suspect something funny. I told my husband if we don't have her and another cat shows up I'm calling the cops. The first cat we had no idea about, we had someone come do a quote on our fence and he told us it was back there. It was in some leaves. It's not like my yard is huge either. I wanted cameras put up after the 2nd one but my hubs said it was just a fluke. Guess he was wrong.

  4. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  5. #16
    Pet Sitter Biscuitsmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    321
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)
    441

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I just want to come hug you.... keep us posted on everything-- we're here for you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much. This group has been amazing and I thought that I was going in the right direction with her but I guess I was wrong. I will keep you all posted on how she does at her new home. Thanks again.

  6. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
  7. #17
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,953
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2773

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Sometimes things just do not work out. You can't beat yourself up about it. Hard decisions need to be made sometimes. One thing about this group is there is never any judgement. you did your best and that's all anyone can do. Sending you hugs!
    My smooshy face boy!

  8. #18
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    You did, as did your husband, the BEST y'all could do.

    Please try to let the guilt & anxiety go and take care
    of your family & yourself, stress is not good!

    Biscuit will be fine and so will y'all...life moves forward.

    Great honesty here and may help someone, thank you!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  9. #19
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,699
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5528

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    OMG... I'm SO sorry to read your update

    First of all IMO you did the RIGHT thing... your kids come first, and obviously w/expecting #3 you do not have the time or energy to handle this. I re-homed a dog when I was pregnant w/my second child because after 2 trainers (and my hubby being deployed) I realized that she was too much for me to handle. It was the best decision for all of us...

    Secondly I honestly think that someone is killing cats in your neighborhood... that is crazy that you have had 3 cats killed on your property. Most outdoor cats can outrun dogs, and many of them can defend themselves w/their claws.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  10. Likes Chunky White, 2BullyMama, Biscuitsmom liked this post
  11. #20
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,748
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2541

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Sorry to read about all you're going through and you're doing the right thing by rehoming Biscuit. I can't believe a bulldog would be that aggressive to another animal but I guess thats because neither of mine have harmed another animal. The female would run the off but Chunky has no aggression but is too rough for small dogs

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  12. Likes Biscuitsmom liked this post
  13. #21
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)
    1543

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Hugs to you Caitlin! I'm so sorry you're going through this just know you've done nothing to deserve it. Thinking of you and Biscuit and wishing there was something I could say to make you feel better just know that we are all here for you

  14. Likes 2BullyMama, Biscuitsmom liked this post
  15. #22
    Pet Sitter Biscuitsmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    321
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)
    441

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    OMG... I'm SO sorry to read your update

    First of all IMO you did the RIGHT thing... your kids come first, and obviously w/expecting #3 you do not have the time or energy to handle this. I re-homed a dog when I was pregnant w/my second child because after 2 trainers (and my hubby being deployed) I realized that she was too much for me to handle. It was the best decision for all of us...

    Secondly I honestly think that someone is killing cats in your neighborhood... that is crazy that you have had 3 cats killed on your property. Most outdoor cats can outrun dogs, and many of them can defend themselves w/their claws.
    Thank you so much. See when the 2nd one happened I was sure it had to be someone doing it. But then chalked it up to maybe a hawk or eagle. After this and the fact that after several years of this cat going to our porch either one of 2 things happened. Someone put him back there OR the neighbors loose dogs chased him back there. The cat food is ALWAYS out on the front porch, there was no reason for him to go into the yard and he would of had to squeeze under the fence. My dogs knew him they would sniff each other when I took them on walks. But I have no "proof" of anything. That is why I want cameras. This is what our back yard and front of our house looks like, why would a cat go in there when the food is on the porch?

    -yard-jpg-house-jpg

  16. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, ddnene liked this post
  17. #23
    Pet Sitter Biscuitsmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    321
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)
    441

    Default Re: So we had a trainer come out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Sorry to read about all you're going through and you're doing the right thing by rehoming Biscuit. I can't believe a bulldog would be that aggressive to another animal but I guess thats because neither of mine have harmed another animal. The female would run the off but Chunky has no aggression but is too rough for small dogs
    I never would have thought, and I own 2 pitbulls. What is hard to understand is she doesn't even care if she sees a cat while on leash. I guess that is why I'm just so utterly confused.

  18. Likes Chunky White liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •