TXBullyBrothers

May 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, Harley Fatboy
Harley is peeing inside non-stop, on his bed, on Chunks bed... I'm so tired of my house smelling like pee and having to remove the beds and covers and wash everything EVERYDAY. It has been almost a year now and so have tried almost everything! The things I haven't tried yet, I either dont have the time for, dont have the energy for, or don't have the money for. It's gotten so bad and been so long now my husband wants to get rid of him. And I know he really doesn't, but at this point he just can't take anymore. I fought tooth and nail to keep him a few weekends ago went I went out of town, because my husband had to deal with it when I was gone and he was fed up and said he was getting rid of him. Honestly though I feel like getting rid of him sometimes too, but I know he is family and we just need to figure out what's going on. But I am literally sitting here dreading having to go clean up their room and it's flooded with pee. I dropped the kids off this morning and walked in and smelled it and their entire room is flooded with pee, and both beds are soaked. 😡 They are gated in my breakfast nook off the kitchen, I had a contractor install a dog door through the wall of the room to the back porch, I have pee pads, I have tried positive re enforcement, I use enzyme cleaner, I make sure he goes out front to walk around even though they go out the dog door out back, I tried his crate, I'm just so tired

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Harley is peeing inside non-stop, on his bed, on Chunks bed... I'm so tired of my house smelling like pee and having to remove the beds and covers and wash everything EVERYDAY. It has been almost a year now and so have tried almost everything! The things I haven't tried yet, I either dont have the time for, dont have the energy for, or don't have the money for. It's gotten so bad and been so long now my husband wants to get rid of him. And I know he really doesn't, but at this point he just can't take anymore. I fought tooth and nail to keep him a few weekends ago went I went out of town, because my husband had to deal with it when I was gone and he was fed up and said he was getting rid of him. Honestly though I feel like getting rid of him sometimes too, but I know he is family and we just need to figure out what's going on. But I am literally sitting here dreading having to go clean up their room and it's flooded with pee. I dropped the kids off this morning and walked in and smelled it and their entire room is flooded with pee, and both beds are soaked.  They are gated in my breakfast nook off the kitchen, I had a contractor install a dog door through the wall of the room to the back porch, I have pee pads, I have tried positive re enforcement, I use enzyme cleaner, I make sure he goes out front to walk around even though they go out the dog door out back, I tried his crate, I'm just so tired

First off, before giving up on him - Have you had him checked out by your vet to be sure he doesn't have a UTI?

Second - Remove all the bedding. Don't give them anything to lay on, alot of times this is the only thing that will make it stop.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15835]TXBullyBrothers[/MENTION] If you have not taken Harley to your veterinarian for a complete check up,and urine sample, you have got to do that. If he is peeing that much everywhere, he certainly has a problem. Possible urinary stones,bladder stone,diabetes,bladder infection,uti...etc, If it turns out that he is totally incontinent,there are pants called Tinkle Trousers that you could get for him. Best of luck-it really does sound like a physical problem......

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
remove all and any type of bedding, towels, blankets etc.... there are some dogs that just can not have them as they will pee on them to mark the territory. Also, have a full vet check done as Jessica and Lynn have suggested

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's advice above. It sounds like it's more of a medical problem like a UTI, or maybe stones, and could very well be undiagnosed diabetes. I don't think it's a behaviour problem, and if he is incontinent and can't control his bladder, there are many food diapers and panties that go over the diaper that they make for dogs. I hope you can figure out what's causing him to pee so much. Please keep us posted.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Geez that's a medical issue for sure. Like everyone said, remove all beds, linens. Basically anything and everything that he sleeps on or has the right too. Use "vinegar" put all in cold rinse and repeat. Wash all your floors also with vinegar. Issues like that I would use 1/2 1/2 for the floors. Vinegar is probably the only product that an animal would smell through if washed properly. Make sure you go in all cracks! Crate him when you're all gone. But most of all go to a vet!! Im sure you will get your answer there! Im sure it's cheaper than all the money you put on a Carpenter, doors and the rest. Keep us posted :)

OP
T

TXBullyBrothers

May 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, Harley Fatboy
I have been going through cycles of removing the bedding and giving it back. I have taken him in to the vet, he is basically on a nonstop course of antibiotics for skin and ear infections, so the vet said if he did have a UTI he is already covered with the cephalexin. I just started him on a limited ingredient diet and supplementing with ACV and yogurt probiotics. Time will tell. We have been through prescription allergy food, different protein.. It is just getting all too overwhelming at this point and I am basically fighting my husband over keeping him at this point. This just plain sucks. Thank you for helping me. I can use any and all suggestions at this point. I'm running out of solutions on my own

OP
T

TXBullyBrothers

May 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, Harley Fatboy
Awww! Tinkle trousers!? That's adorable. I literally just told my son yesterday that Harley needs Pull Ups like his little sister. LOL I will definitely look into that for sure! Thanks a million it may give me a sliver of sanity back!

OP
T

TXBullyBrothers

May 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, Harley Fatboy
I feel so bad for them sleeping on the floor. :/ I take their beds out and then end up giving them back once I've cleaned them up and waited a couple days. I just feel like they are so heavy that they need their beds :( but it very well may be him marking. I just hadn't really considered it marking because he used to poop too. Now he only poops occasionally.

OP
T

TXBullyBrothers

May 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, Harley Fatboy
I wonder why my vet never said anything about diabetes. Dumb. I'm thinking about switching vets. This place has been charging me an arm and a leg just for basics. $400 for both of them to get their shots. Is that normal?!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I wonder why my vet never said anything about diabetes. Dumb. I'm thinking about switching vets. This place has been charging me an arm and a leg just for basics. $400 for both of them to get their shots. Is that normal?!

Wow...im in Canada and it's a lot more expensive than the USA BUT no where near 400 even if I had 2 dogs. Below is from one of our members for ear infection. Save your money and go as the member put it.....make sure it says...therapeutic grade! Not, pure or 100% or organic. Proper oils have to have their latin name ont the bottle. Then you know that you have the good stuff. Its not cheap but sure less than a popping pill vet.

From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION]*/SarahIt's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his*system.His*chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health.Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:15 drops Lavender15 drops Geranium15 drops Frankincense15 drops Basil10 drops ArborvitaeFractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
$400?? I'm not sure where you are but that seems outrageous. I'm taking Biscuit for her check-up today and we are doing a check-up, heartworm test and rabies for around $70. I do distemper myself ($6.99 at tractor supply).

I agree that you need to check for diabetes and sugar levels, that is how we found out my cat had it. He lost a drastic amount of weight then started drinking and peeing all over the house (not in the litter box). When he passed we had to replace all the carpets and put odor resistant paint on the subfloor. I sugar check shouldn't be much and they may keep him for a day to do a sugar curve where they feed him and take a blood sample every hour to see how he tracks. The good thing is insulin is pretty easy to give and works very fast. Good luck!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
After the VET clears him of any ailment...
Get rid of ALL bedding, rugs, towels etc. Make sure he is crated whenever you are not right there to supervise him. The crate should be just big enough for him to lay down without having to curl up. No bedding of any kind in his crate. Get him on a schedule to go potty and stick to it. Start him out peeing every 4-5 hours(and immediately after every meal) and slowly stretch the intervals out...until he can sleep through the night without the need to go.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny

That's outrageous! I just took both of mine in September for their yearly checks/shots and 6 month heart worm box and I only spent around $200. I would definitely look around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.