Help Needed! NEW BULLDOG PUPPY NEED HELP IN HOUSE TRAINING

Schultz1503

Oct 11, 2016
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and Tink
I have an English bulldog puppy 10 weeks old I have a crate and need some assistance on the advice of how to house train this little puppy girl I appreciate any comments it's just that I have currently a adult bulldog four years old he's a male never had no problems in house training but this female is a whole different story .lol thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Use the crate for sure. If you cannot watch her 100% of the time she needs to be in the crate or on a leash right by your side. The leash worked wonders for me as far as training because I could see she was about to go and direct her outside ASAP. Reward like crazy when she goes outside!! Use one word to ask her to go so she knows it's business time not play time. Make sure the crate isn't too big so she doesn't go in there too. Hope this helps some, remember she is just a baby and has a tiny bladder and it will take some time.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Yup! Everything as above! CONSISTENCY!
When I got my girl she was 12 weeks and was used to going in a raised kennel. All of the "text book" tricks did nothing! I just had to be consistent, wake up during he night, TREATS! Use a high value treat when she does go outside. It took us about 3 months to get her potty trained. It's extremely stressful- but there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Puppys that age WILL pee in their crate if they feel the need to pee. X-pen around the crate is a good idea, so there is even a chance to get away from the crate when the pee comes. Physically they just can't or understand to hold it before 4-5 months of age. They will go when they need to. Best is to take them out when they wake up, after play, after a meal, and in between. A pup can go without peeing it's age in months turned in to hours +1 hour. That means your pup of just over 2 months can be without peeing about 3, maybe 4 hours. That doesn't mean that it will only pee every 3-4 hours. Take out often and reward reward...And even then a lot of times bitches really get it after their first heat...patience.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ahhhh dont forget....She's only 10 weeks. Patience is a virtue. :)

Everyone above said what you need to know :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gang has you covered... consistency and patience

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.