I feel like Henry is bored....

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
My male bully is 5 months, growing like a weed, healthy, happy. He has been such a wonderful addition to my boyfriend and my home. We have an apartment, its fairly large and we have a good sized patio with a doggy door so Henry can go in and out, which he loves. Unfortunately it is still just an apartment and patio. Not a yard for exploring. As Henry has gotten older i feel like he is growing bored, occasionally. Sometimes he will sit and bark at me for attention for no reason. I walk him every evening, he stays at my parents house while im at work in the day and they have a yard so he isn't stuck inside all day. He has lots of toys. Kong paste occasionally. My question is, is there anything more i can do or get him to keep his mind active? He loves to play tug and squeak toys but if im not with him doing it hes not happy for longer than a few minutes. I want to make sure he is happy and entertained but i cant always sit on the floor and play with him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like he has a pretty happy life. I just hope when he is at your patients house and outside, that someone is out with him, so no one will steal him, and make sure he doesn't get too hot out. The older they get, the less they need to entertain them, as they will sleep most of the time when you are gone.

OP
AdorabullHenry

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Thank you!! I feel like he is happy too, just sometimes needs more entertaining. He is always watched while outside, also crated when no one is around but not for more than a a couple hours. Have you ever tried marrow bones? Are they safe for bullys?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you!! I feel like he is happy too, just sometimes needs more entertaining. He is always watched while outside, also crated when no one is around but not for more than a a couple hours. Have you ever tried marrow bones? Are they safe for bullys?

I only give marrow bones. It keeps them busy and great for them. 5 months are full of energy. Nyala is 11 months and still full of energy. If she can be with you 24/7 running n play she would. Some dogs needs to be walked morning and evening. Yours is a bit young but you still can cut the walking hours in 2. Nyala was like that at 5 months. She would walk between 3-5 km depending on the weather. I split her activities throughout the day. Its a bit easier for me as I work from home but 2x a week im gone for a good 10hrs. I do like you leave her at my son's who have an acreage with dogs n horses and I still panic lol. I respect people's opinion but this is my belief, keep your dog active. This is for any breed and Bulldog or not dogs need to move or they become lazy just like humans. A lot of senior dogs in here are still on the go at 10yrs old and more. Or get Henry a Henerette lol

OP
AdorabullHenry

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I only give marrow bones. It keeps them busy and great for them. 5 months are full of energy. Nyala is 11 months and still full of energy. If she can be with you 24/7 running n play she would. Some dogs needs to be walked morning and evening. Yours is a bit young but you still can cut the walking hours in 2. Nyala was like that at 5 months. She would walk between 3-5 km depending on the weather. I split her activities throughout the day. Its a bit easier for me as I work from home but 2x a week im gone for a good 10hrs. I do like you leave her at my son's who have an acreage with dogs n horses and I still panic lol. I respect people's opinion but this is my belief, keep your dog active. This is for any breed and Bulldog or not dogs need to move or they become lazy just like humans. A lot of senior dogs in here are still on the go at 10yrs old and more. Or get Henry a Henerette lol

I will check out those marrow bones as a treat to keep him occupied, is 5 months olf enough to have a marrow bone? And i definitely agree with keeping your dogs active. It has been so hot here we can't walk as much as i would like to, because i worry about him over heating. i wish i could get another one sooo bad lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I will check out those marrow bones as a treat to keep him occupied, is 5 months olf enough to have a marrow bone? And i definitely agree with keeping your dogs active. It has been so hot here we can't walk as much as i would like to, because i worry about him over heating. i wish i could get another one sooo bad lol

Bone marrow raw not cooked!!! No problem at 5 months,. I gave all my dogs much earlier than 5 months. And yes don't overvwalk in heat

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well my opinion is you have to get henry a puppy brother or sister! lol, no really, I think he is fine. They have interactive toys that can help keep him occupied. Google them, I forget the name of them

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bone marrow raw not cooked!!! No problem at 5 months,. I gave all my dogs much earlier than 5 months. And yes don't overvwalk in heat

Agree ---- I give my guys marrow bones as soon as they turn 4 months old... they LOVE them and they are exhausted when they finish with it. It is the Saturday night treat

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.