Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm SO angry at Willow right now...

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm SO angry at Willow right now...

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    As most of you know, Willow was in heat and she just finished a couple of days ago... my plan is to have her spayed in Oct. We have had some issues w/her lashing out at Walter, but she seemed to be doing better at keeping herself under control. I have been on back to back trips that last couple of weeks, so it's been kinda crazy at the house...

Anyway, last night they BOTH got their new beds from K-9 Ballistics... BOY did she absolutely LOSE her mind. She started lashing out at him, and it turned into a full fledge fight... and Wally finally defended himself and she ended up w/a good mark on her face. I just don't understand it... she is SO mean to him I can tell when it starts, she will walk around him w/her hackles up... almost like daring him to come near either me/Ray. We will purposely give Wally attention first and then pet/love on her IF she is able to control herself. Most of the time Wally just walks away, but not last night. She also has started peeing in the bathroom on the rugs (AND peed in her new bed last night... Grr). Last night I ended up picking her up and putting her in her crate, but she just kept barking and making me nuts. At night we put her in our bathroom w/the door closed, and Wally is laying by the bed on the floor (or in his new bed). Right now they are chewing antlers side by side, I just don't know what triggers her yet (besides the affection thing) and it's making me crazy. I also think it's boredom... it's been SO hot here, that I haven't been able to walk them or let them play outside for longer periods of time.

What can I do to nip this in the bud, and what are we doing wrong? Should I start where she has to earn everything again? Do I need to wear them out w/more exercise, especially in the evenings? (That seems to be the worse time for her fits)

I'm at my wit's end, and I'm afraid that this will only get worse... Sigh!

https://www.cuteness.com/article/bipolar-disorders-dog

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsmom View Post
    She is not, my other dogs are all fixed. Funny thing is she actually mellows out while in heat. I think for her it is pure jealousy and fixing won't solve it much. With my other dogs I can just throw treats and they all share, if she is around I can't or it is bound to start a fight. (btw my other dogs are 2 pitbulls and a mutt) she is WAY smaller than them all lol.

I think it is all about the "home" dynamic. I took her to a dog show expecting the worst honestly and she could care less about the other dogs! Willow was ok because it wasn't her turf, if that makes sense. Plus she is assuming the alpha role (over Walter), you need to show her you are alpha. A few times I had to break up a fight and push Biscuit down, they say to hold them around the neck (not choking!) just enough to show dominance, do not let go until she relaxes completely and drops her head in submission. I've done this 2-3 times and it works. I also did this a long LONG time ago with my female pitbull who got into a fight at a dog park, she never did it again.

How old is she now?
    She is almost 10 months... I agree w/you it's something to do w/the home dynamics.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    @ddene I feel for you! Willow's hormones are definitely still out of whack since her heat cycle is just ending. I'm not sure about the aggression towards poor Walter, but the urinating inside can be due to hormones. Regina peed inside a few times during her heat almost as if it was nothing. Then once, a friend had just gotten a Frenchie puppy and brought it to meet the dogs -- Regina got jealous, hopped up on my bed and PEED ON MY MATTRESS looking straight at me. Little brat. The attitude subsided within a week and she was back to normal. It sounds like she's trying to be top dog and show Walter who's boss. Definitely not good, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of good suggestions on that front.
    OH MY Regina... I swear Willow couldn't careless if we are mad at her or not... Lol These girls are little stinkers!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

5. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

That's the exact same age Biscuit started acting out!! I never had one issue and then out of the blue she starts getting aggressive with the other dogs. Keep working with her and I'm sure it will get better. We are finally to the point where I don't have to be on edge as much.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    She is almost 10 months... I agree w/you it's something to do w/the home dynamics.

7. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

How can that pretty little lady possible be mean?

I have always just had one dog at a time so I haven't noticed anything between them and other household pets. The female EB I had was dominate over everyone in my house but my mother, oldest niece who lived with us and myself. My sister and her family moved in and out multiple times with her one daughter never leaving and Dixie bullied all of them so they stayed in the basement with the door shut. I thought it was funny then but I guess it really isn't.

Chunky is a friend to all so I haven't noticed any issues with him in that way. He is bored though and sometimes drives me nuts because he will start wanting 24hr attention. His acting out cost me money though because he will chew the wood trim in the house. Luckily that hasn't happened in a few months

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

9. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    How can that pretty little lady possible be mean?

I have always just had one dog at a time so I haven't noticed anything between them and other household pets. The female EB I had was dominate over everyone in my house but my mother, oldest niece who lived with us and myself. My sister and her family moved in and out multiple times with her one daughter never leaving and Dixie bullied all of them so they stayed in the basement with the door shut. I thought it was funny then but I guess it really isn't.

Chunky is a friend to all so I haven't noticed any issues with him in that way. He is bored though and sometimes drives me nuts because he will start wanting 24hr attention. His acting out cost me money though because he will chew the wood trim in the house. Luckily that hasn't happened in a few months
    I will have to get video of her in the act... Lol

We have always had at least 2 dogs in the house to keep each other company. But I've never had a male/female... our last female Bella was dominate, but my boxer female Roxie was extremely submissive. I guess that is why they worked... Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads