Barking constantly

D

Dean77

Every morning when I leave for work or in general just leave the house, my wife and kids say my 10 year old bulldog constantly barks and walks the house until I get home. I rescued him three or four years ago, and here the past few years he does this....why?

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Every morning when I leave for work or in general just leave the house, my wife and kids say my 10 year old bulldog constantly barks and walks the house until I get home. I rescued him three or four years ago, and here the past few years he does this....why?

He love and trusts you.
I leave my clothes and shoes for brosco to lay on if I leave and he can't come with me. Maybe more I inner action with kids and spouse. He probably has trust issues but trusts you... Hope he isn't in arthritic pain Brosco has it in his joints already and he is younger than your bully

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Sounds like separation anxiety. How do you say goodbye in the morning? I usually don't acknowledge that I am leaving but do leave a treat ball with food sometimes so he doesn't pay attention to me leaving. I also leave on the radio sometimes. When I get home I ignore him for 5 minutes unless he has to go potty.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree -- sounds like some separation issues --- as others suggested, leave an old t-shirt with him or a treat ball or peanut butter bone to keep him occupied while you are gone -- it should help

OP
D

Dean77

Thank you all.....I do leave my blankets, all you suggest, even give him arthritis meds, I do see him ache and limp, but he still chooses to bark........any more suggestions would be appreciated as previous replies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all.....I do leave my blankets, all you suggest, even give him arthritis meds, I do see him ache and limp, but he still chooses to bark........any more suggestions would be appreciated as previous replies.

Are you the main care giver? How foes he interact with other family members? Do they play walk or feed him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
He is master of the house, if it bothers your spouse and kids, Then the spouse and kids should leave, let the bully be master of his domain. You'll both be happier in the long run. 😎

(I'm joking for those offended)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.