Potty issues

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
My dog has decided to pee in the house. He was outside back door open we go in the house and he pees on my bedroom carpet

This has happened three times in the last month. Why and what can I do?

Thank you
Sue

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Does Red have a specific place outside to pee? If he just goes out and pee's wherever; he'll probably pee wherever he want's... inside or outside. Take him out and show him where you want him to go, and use a specific command. I say "Hurry Up". Jersey knows that means we're going outside to a specific place to take care of business. Hope this helps!

My dog has decided to pee in the house. He was outside back door open we go in the house and he pees on my bedroom carpet

This has happened three times in the last month. Why and what can I do?

Thank you
Sue

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm dealing w/this exact issue w/my Willow... First of all how old is your bully? Willow is 8 mos and sometimes they regress in potty training, mine started peeing in the bedroom over the July 4th weekend. I attribute it to all the damn fireworks going off...

If you are pretty sure it's not a UTI or a health issue, then it's back to basics w/the potty training until he gets it again. I have been keeping the bedroom off limits to Willow until she can control herself...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15352]SMSiegman[/MENTION] I have potty trained so many dogs in my lifetime,I would have to stop and think to count them. The thing I found worked best with the English Bulldogs is "bribery", also called reward. Taking them out on a leash,so they do not play. Tell them to "go potty", or whatever are your choice words. When they go,tell them how great they are in a happy voice,and give them a yummy treat-right then then,if you can let them off the leash(if you have fence).They do have a tendency to regress,about the age of 6-8 months,but you tell them no potty in the house,and take them outside. Never yell or shame them. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I had a traumatic night/fireworks but mine just barked. I can't blame poor Willow for regressing!

OP
S

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Red is 3 years old. He has always been good about going outside but he does go wherever he wants. I will try some of these suggestions.
Thank you all for your help

TXBullyBrothers

May 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, Harley Fatboy
Did anything work? I am dealing with the same. Harley is three as well. I'm to my wits end though it's been going on like this almost a year now and I have tried almost everything. I'm tired

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Great advice from the Team!! - Also you might want to make a quick check to the vet make sure he does not have Urine Crystals, not necessarily a UTI, As Ellie has/is STILL battling hers:yell:, vet just put her on a Urine Acidifer, as for some reason the PH of her Urine stays to Alkaline, BUT she if FINALLY getting the hang of where her potty spot is, she can get there when we are home with her, but her little belly just can't always hold it, and for us, its ALWAYS in her crate, while mommy and daddy are at work!!:glare:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Great advice from the Team!! - Also you might want to make a quick check to the vet make sure he does not have Urine Crystals, not necessarily a UTI, As Ellie has/is STILL battling hers:yell:, vet just put her on a Urine Acidifer, as for some reason the PH of her Urine stays to Alkaline, BUT she if FINALLY getting the hang of where her potty spot is, she can get there when we are home with her, but her little belly just can't always hold it, and for us, its ALWAYS in her crate, while mommy and daddy are at work!!:glare:

Had same issue with Nyala at 4 months old. Home cooking Missy! It STOPPED immediately in same week! :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ask away or just follow my post. It's really so not complicated. Just a bit if time but hey, look what your baby is going through!! Worth the extra time

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online