General Question Work Week Potty Schedule vs. Weekend

MomofThor

Jul 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor
I have a 6 month old male EB. I have heard that puppies should be taken out before we leave the house and when we come back. During the weekend or when I work from home (not every day), my in/out schedule is different than his in/out schedule.

Should I keep to his work week schedule even on the weekends? This would mean he would see me come and go without taking him outside until his scheduled time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At 6 mths of age he can hold his bladder for 7 hours, but i would take him potty whenever you return home as he may go in the crate because you woke him up from a nap.... He us still a puppy and needs will have to go when woken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
My husband and I work during the week and we are home on the weekends. Our pups schedule is very consistent during the week but we relax the schedule on the weekend. They spend all weekend out of their crates except for bedtime. This means their nap times and potty times are very different than the work week. They don't seem to have an issue adjusting between the schedules. They get to go out way more often on the weekends than during the week. The only thing that stays consistent is bed time. They go to bed at 8pm so that I can have some peace and quiet until 9/930 when I go to bed, even on the weekends. They are only 5 and 8 months right now. When they are older and hopefully lazier and enjoy settling down more, we'll relax the bed time and just send them to their crates when we go to bed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
M

MomofThor

Jul 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor
Thank you! The interesting thing is that after no accidents this weekend, I found pee in his crate when I got home from work. He was walked around 1 and I got home at 5:26. This happens often. He does not get water after the midday walk so I'm not sure why he needs to pee within four hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.