General Question Biting!!!!!

Ivan Lugo

May 13, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeter
So my puppy Jeter has been biting everything (which I understand) but he chases my son and bites he's feet!!! Help guys!!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
From what I can tell its typical bulldog puppy behavior. I sprayed my socks with bitter apple spray and got shoes without laces for awhile. Redirecting didn't work for me very well instead I screamed like I was in a lot of pain and his bites became softer then nonexistent. I also recommend you have toy distractions. Mine loves plastic bottles and his jolly ball/egg.

OP
Ivan Lugo

Ivan Lugo

May 13, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeter
Thank you I have been trying distraction but not working for long. Gotta keep grinding... Puppy teeth are the worst...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When "puppy" does that, immediately put him/her to the ground. Like just hold puppy there and with a FRIM grip just say NO.

Nyala does that to DH and wont dare do that to me as she knows it wont work. When she does that I just say loud HEY, NO she backs off immediately. You need to be firm and grab puppy on the spot. All puppies do that as for them it's playing. They needto learn what's allowed n what's not. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you I have been trying distraction but not working for long. Gotta keep grinding... Puppy teeth are the worst...

Yes, stay consistent--- he will get there. Lambeau was tough at first too, but the redirect and OUCH! Eventually worked.... Now i just say 'easy' and he stops or goes gets a toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Antlers??

Yes,,, we get moose paddles. Acadia Antlers online :up:
95b281a2c06fca64ff68967fca6fc5cc.jpg

e970d559de16ca5680fe4da959779b32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ivan Lugo

Ivan Lugo

May 13, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeter
So give him those when he's acting up? (Biting) I will go out this morning and pick them up at my local pet store they have everything under the sun...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15878]Ivan Lugo[/MENTION] Make sure you stick it in his mouth and say "NO bite-here,bite this!" So he does not think it's a reward for biting!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I found the antlers to be helpful when redirecting chewing and accidental biting during playing. The gang is right though, it's equally important to say 'no' and or to say ouch, they respond to that quickly

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I have an ll week old male who is seriously stuck on biting everything (including us) the majority of his waking hours. I'm constantly reminding the whole family how important it is to remain consistent with the same actions and words.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.