Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
This is an amazing thread and speaks to the major detective work that happens when you really care for your furry friends... Good luck and good karma for helping this little girl.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
What's the latest? Is she aggressive to men, your looks (no insult intended but is something about you triggering it like glasses, hair, clothes, voice volume, etc.)?

I have three parrots and I tell my Husband he is too loud. When he tries to speak softly, there is no soft, he just projects loudly so my Amazon will always jump when he speaks, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
slawson

slawson

May 14, 2016
Country
United State
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
What's the latest? Is she aggressive to men, your looks (no insult intended but is something about you triggering it like glasses, hair, clothes, voice volume, etc.)?

I have three parrots and I tell my Husband he is too loud. When he tries to speak softly, there is no soft, he just projects loudly so my Amazon will always jump when he speaks, lol!

That was one of my first thoughts, her behavior is more protective of me now then anything.
By taking them for walks (my gf has had to do it since I'm a little laid up due to surgery), her behavior is slowly but surely making a 180 for the better, they're now sleeping in the same room with us.
She sleeps in her crate (door closed), he sleeps in the bed as he always has... she no longer growls at him but rather dismisses his movements, which is a GREAT sign.

So in short, the behavior is improving.

13281715_10208955704963899_352049111_n.jpg
This photo may not seem like much, but before she would just sit and growl without the ability to use the potty with him around, unless they were physically in motion walking, now she's becoming dismissive.

We've learned a little more about her:
Her digestive system doesn't like soft food, she does tend to process small hard foods easier/better.
She loves having her butt scratched.
She drinks her body weight a day I believe.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Great progress!! Slow progress is always good. With recouping from surgery, just recoup! Sounds like you and your gf have things moving.

OP
slawson

slawson

May 14, 2016
Country
United State
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Things have to keep moving no matter what, no use in not moving with it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That was one of my first thoughts, her behavior is more protective of me now then anything.
By taking them for walks (my gf has had to do it since I'm a little laid up due to surgery), her behavior is slowly but surely making a 180 for the better, they're now sleeping in the same room with us.
She sleeps in her crate (door closed), he sleeps in the bed as he always has... she no longer growls at him but rather dismisses his movements, which is a GREAT sign.

So in short, the behavior is improving.

View attachment 98696
This photo may not seem like much, but before she would just sit and growl without the ability to use the potty with him around, unless they were physically in motion walking, now she's becoming dismissive.

We've learned a little more about her:
Her digestive system doesn't like soft food, she does tend to process small hard foods easier/better.
She loves having her butt scratched.
She drinks her body weight a day I believe.

Great update .... walks are the best way to get them to pack up! Lots of drinking.... you may want the vet to check her blood next visit.... and check her tyroid levels too

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You for Saving this Precious Life, You are Wonderful. Give her a Big Kiss and Hug from me and Elmo

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It could be she is afraid too... Possible the so called owners dumped her because she was going blind and with being in unfamiliar place she is just trying to protect herself.... Very normal if her blindness was sudden too

If her teeth are bad, she may be in pain, too. It sounds like you are doing all the right things with her.

OP
slawson

slawson

May 14, 2016
Country
United State
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
She's mae a complete turn around!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online