squirting but potty trained please help

Brunos mom and dad

May 9, 2016
Country
united States
Bulldog(s) Names
bruno
Our bruno is 13 months old house broken we got him at 9 months he has had no accidents in the house 2 months after we got him he started squirting he will hunker down like he is in trouble and start squirting this happens at different times for example when puting his coller on or geting him out of his crate or taking him out to potty he will want to play and then just start squirting and sometimes when we pet him he squirts. He has never got in trouble for doing this cause we don't know why he is doing it but he acts like he knows he's not suppose to do it evan if he's outside and he's always hunkering down when he does it like he has been hit or something and we have never hit him and the home he came from was a very good home they just had to rehome him cause he was way to exciting for there grandchildren. Any suggestions on what to do or what this could be would be greatly appreciated other than this little problem our bruno is perfect.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lockjaw does the same thing - but only when he sees certain people. It's like he gets extremely excited.
I finally broke him of jumping on people, but I'm not sure how to stop the squirting.
We try to just have him go outside when someone comes over that he gets excited over.
He sees them, sits and squirts, and once they pet / acknowledge him, he gets better and calms down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could also be a UTI, I would get him checked to rule that out.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Possibly uti if the hunkering is like hes in pain or straining. Otherwise, if turning away makes a dog stop jumping, then could it also work if a dog is so excited they are peeing.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Have you had him checked by a bulldog experienced Vet?

Sounds like an un-diagnosed issue rather than behavior.

Please update us, thank you :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with the gang.... get him tested for UTI to rule it out

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Lockjaw does the same thing - but only when he sees certain people. It's like he gets extremely excited.
I finally broke him of jumping on people, but I'm not sure how to stop the squirting.
We try to just have him go outside when someone comes over that he gets excited over.
He sees them, sits and squirts, and once they pet / acknowledge him, he gets better and calms down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried ignoring him? 90% it will work. Just walk in, you do your thing for a couple minutes (yes its hard), open back door let him go pee then you talk to him. Basically, squirting is a dog happy to see you gesture. Go figure. Some dogs it never goes away, some will eventually. But try ignoring him and no eye contact! He will follow you so keep moving. Do your thing.

When I leave without a leash lol, Nyala knows im going on my own. She goes straight to her kennel or her bed. I dont talk to her when I leave. She doesn't have a squirting issue, so when I walk in I see her greeting me or just woke up. I go straight to the back door leave her out and tell her "go pee in the back" then I play with her or we chit chat. :)

Everyone gave great advise [MENTION=15857]Brunos mom and dad[/MENTION]

OP
Brunos mom and dad

Brunos mom and dad

May 9, 2016
Country
united States
Bulldog(s) Names
bruno
Thanks guys we will try all of these and keep u updated

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts