Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Yes, "Hydrotherapy" would work for Maximus, I have already been in contact with a local Doggie salon who provides Dog Hydrotherapy. With taking the Soloxine 2x per day, Maximus appears to be more awake and alert during the day and not
sleeping so much.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hi Susan,

I agree. I was just talking about this subject with a friend of mine. Yes, Maximus needs to get out of the house. It has been difficult because he is still limping as a result of his ACL injuries, so he really has to be carried out of the house to the front or back patio and yard. It's no problem as long as someone is here with me to help me do that.

Ear massage? Really. Wow. I have never heard of that. Tell me more ..........

Hi Patrick, Nothing to it really... it's similar to the way you rub the ears after applying ear cleaner. Using your fingertips, on the outside of the ear flap, rub gently in a circular motion. Hope that helps... kind of difficult to explain! Lol!!!

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Hi Patrick, I agree with the others that it could be the pain or (/and?) the comibnation of many different medications that may cause Maximus' depression.
And I agree that going outside and sunbathing could help him feeling better - to my mind, too, came the option to take him into a wagon or buggy or stroller.
Does he like it when you have visitors? Then you could let friends come over to visit and pay some attention to him. A friend's bullygirl sometimes seems to be depressed. She always totally blossoms when visitors come by and play a little bit with her and talk to her.
I hope Maximus feels better soon :flower:

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Hi Lynn ...

Unfortunately, No, Maximus does not like the car at all ! Perhaps he relates the car to going to the Vet. LOL. So taking him for car rides won't be able to happen. He does need to get out for some fresh air and a change of scenery. He unfortunately has had to
stay in the house since he injured both of his ACL's.

Thought about changing his opinion on car rides? Load him up and take him to a park, a beach, something not the vet. Trust me it works!!

Also get a wagon to load him in and pull him around! I went to an open market and discovered this girl enjoying her trip.

5318366ba7d532de2ae70b16e1b752e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.