Need Training Treat Help for Joey's Phase II Training

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I have been in search of a very HIGH VALUE training treat for Joey. Her only treats have always been Power Bites by Merrick. She loves them, they're small, and won't pack on the pounds. BUT she is used to them and not extremely HIGH VALUE anymore.

So, I researched and purchased Stewarts freeze dried liver bites. SHE WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM, LOL

Next I tried freezing fresh green beans.....sucked on them and spit them out. Ugggg

She ADORES CHEESE, only gets once a month with heart worm pill.

Does anyone know of a cheese type, bully safe, treat? I don't want to use so much dairy on Joey, she had really loose stools when I tried greek yogurt on her (we stopped that a long time ago)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson's high value treat is a slice of oven roasted turkey. LOL He will do anything for that. It's instant stubborn reverse when you say "turkey" LOL

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank you Jessica! OK, so I am a vegetarian and I guess have pushed that somewhat on Joey, broke my heart that she would not eat the fresh green beans...hahah more for me!

Anyhow, so do I just go to meat counter at the store and pick some up? That kind of roasted turkey? STOP LAUGHING......I really don't know :)

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Have you tried baby carrots? My girl gobbles them up, however picky is not in her wheelhouse. Her take on food is, if it's in-front of me I'll eat it :lol:

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
We use mozzarella cheese sticks cut into super small pieces. The pups love them and will do anything for them. We also found some softer dog jerky that we slice into tiny pieces and they love. I've heard people doing the deli turkey before. Gonna have to try that one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Have you tried baby carrots? My girl gobbles them up, however picky is not in her wheelhouse. Her take on food is, if it's in-front of me I'll eat it :lol:

Thank you! I have not tried baby carrots BUT I did drop one on the floor months back and remember thinking WOW Joey left that alone.....GO FIGURE!! You crack me up with "if it's in-front of me I'll eat it" soooooo not Joey. I guess because in her 11 months on this earth she has had little other than her kibble.....No I'm paying for it HAHAHAHA

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I use Grain free Chicken Meatball From Freshpet - Vital, I get it at Petco, Ellie GOES crazy for it!! All I have to do is open the fridge door, and she does a 180° :bigeyes2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do not have your issue.... every one of my pups has never turned down anything except for a pill :D

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you Jessica! OK, so I am a vegetarian and I guess have pushed that somewhat on Joey, broke my heart that she would not eat the fresh green beans...hahah more for me!

Anyhow, so do I just go to meat counter at the store and pick some up? That kind of roasted turkey? STOP LAUGHING......I really don't know :)

I just buy it from the deli, usually get 1/2 pound of the healthy oven roasted turkey - I only use it as high value - and it's only 1 slice ...... Oooook maybe 2 sometimes. I can't resist his face! I rather from the deli bc it's fresher in a sense vs the pre-packaged stuff ;)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
We use mozzarella cheese sticks cut into super small pieces. The pups love them and will do anything for them. We also found some softer dog jerky that we slice into tiny pieces and they love. I've heard people doing the deli turkey before. Gonna have to try that one.

Love the idea of the cheese sticks cut into small training size treats, believe it or not I need to watch the lactose content with Joey.....I'm checking them out TODAY! Thank you!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I use Grain free Chicken Meatball From Freshpet - Vital, I get it at Petco, Ellie GOES crazy for it!! All I have to do is open the fridge door, and she does a 180° :bigeyes2:

Hmmmmm, never heard of it. Possible to use as training treats? I'll see if I can find online. Thanks!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hmmmmm, never heard of it. Possible to use as training treats? I'll see if I can find online. Thanks!!
YES!! - they are tiny little balls, and we break them in half, and they go a LONG way, it is a fresh product and needs to be used quickly

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.