sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I just buy it from the deli, usually get 1/2 pound of the healthy oven roasted turkey - I only use it as high value - and it's only 1 slice ...... Oooook maybe 2 sometimes. I can't resist his face! I rather from the deli bc it's fresher in a sense vs the pre-packaged stuff ;)

OK great, deli roasted turkey it is! Thank you! I did read a tip last night that said simply take a slice (or 2 :) ) and cut into very small bites and mix in with her regular (now boring) training treats and they all will smell like the meat! Will make them more high value during training. Thanks again Jessica and everyone!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] THANK YOU!!! I am absolutely going for some today! They sound VERY HIGH VALUE! For the training Joey is doing next it needs to be really high value and these sound great too!

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Thank you! I have not tried baby carrots BUT I did drop one on the floor months back and remember thinking WOW Joey left that alone.....GO FIGURE!! You crack me up with "if it's in-front of me I'll eat it" soooooo not Joey. I guess because in her 11 months on this earth she has had little other than her kibble.....No I'm paying for it HAHAHAHA

Hahaha Biscuit is 11 months too so their bday must be close! I blame my kids for her eating everything so far she had had bananas, fruit snacks, lollypops, chips lol hard to track them all the time and it's swallowed instantly lol. I agree with maybe the turkey or string cheese suggestions.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] THANK YOU!!! I am absolutely going for some today! They sound VERY HIGH VALUE! For the training Joey is doing next it needs to be really high value and these sound great too!

You are welcome, The training facility we take Ellie to uses it, so we got the idea from them, and it has worked WONDERS in our training efforts, and they are VERY HIGH value for little Ms Ellie Pants!! :)

What is Ms Joey learning??

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15628]Biscuitsmom[/MENTION] Hi Caitlin! Joey's birthday is May 31st, when is Biscuit's? Too funny about the kids, I laughed when I saw lollypops and chips!! LOL

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] HI Melissa!! Joey completed her first obedience class when she was really young, she is going for advanced obedience and then special long term training for her therapy dog certification. It will be along road BUT I have faith that we can do it :) She can't even begin therapy dog certification until she passes advanced obedience (which includes some off leash work) and of course must be at least a year old, which will be soon :)

Edited to say: One of my sisters works for Hospice Care and once Joey is ready we are going to make it part of our weekly trips to see hospice patients local to us.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
These look great! Joey his hooked on her antlers but I'd love to hear what you think of them when they arrive! Thanks!

Did you see that the "chew and chew" are cheese stuffed antlers?

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
These look great! Joey his hooked on her antlers but I'd love to hear what you think of them when they arrive! Thanks!

So update... We just got three flavors of Leanlix today. Grass fed beef, run away frank, and himalayan cheese. I have never seen a dogs eyebrows go up until today. Both dogs try to bite at it after a few licks, and then they follow me around. This is good stuff. In fact I am being growled at because I stopped training. When this was described as crack for dogs, it was not exaggerating. Both dogs are looking at me as if I was crazy to stop the training game after a half hour.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15635]Frith[/MENTION] Are theses all from the online site that you posted? How cool! Can you post photo? Of the "crack"? Is it crunchy? Thanks for updating!

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
[MENTION=15635]Frith[/MENTION] Are theses all from the online site that you posted? How cool! Can you post photo? Of the "crack"? Is it crunchy? Thanks for updating!

WIN_20160428_203535.JPGWIN_20160428_203546.JPGWIN_20160428_203611.JPG
The are like solid deoderant that the dog licks. Though the schnauzer thought he'd be smart and tried to bite it and run away with it.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith

View attachment 97935View attachment 97936View attachment 97937WIN_20160428_203604.JPG
The are like solid deoderant that the dog licks. Though the schnauzer thought he'd be smart and tried to bite it and run away with it. She was sound asleep when I got off the couch and opened it up to take a photo, she was by my feet at the second picture, and whining for some impatiently.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Yep--these are because of Frith's ME --she can't do normal treats. This is what I get to try for training. Click and lick.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15635]Frith[/MENTION] GREAT information and thank you again!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.