EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walter's new trainer...

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Ahhhhh sorry about that cause the way you wrote it. Now much clearer. well no matter what im sure you will get great solutions with Nikki.
    That's the biggest reason I'm trying to nip this in the bud BEFORE it gets worse…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @sisters3 - looking forward to following this thread! Best of luck, Walter!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

3. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Sending good vibes to you and Wally. I'm sure it would all go well. But i get where you're coming from, fear of the uknown. I love that she gives assignment. Be looking forward to your updates. Have fun and goodluck!

5. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray, RalphieBoy liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Good luck with the trainer and I hate that Walter is acting out. I feel I am too lenient with Chunky a lot of times and it then turns into him being mad at me for not letting him get his way and me him for not listening. He is great 90% of the time though.

I also grew up in a house where most of the dogs we were my moms and she allowed them to do anything. I will do all I can to not let that happen with Chunky because I don't want a ruined house or the stress it would give me to not have control

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

7. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

so good to see your found a great trainer.... try not to stress it and just listen to what her observations then focus on the correct - whether it be with the humans or Wally.

Sending lots of positive thoughts, hugs and prayers to help you along
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Good luck with the trainer and I hate that Walter is acting out. I feel I am too lenient with Chunky a lot of times and it then turns into him being mad at me for not letting him get his way and me him for not listening. He is great 90% of the time though.

I also grew up in a house where most of the dogs we were my moms and she allowed them to do anything. I will do all I can to not let that happen with Chunky because I don't want a ruined house or the stress it would give me to not have control
    You know I think it sort of creeps up on us… we let them sleep on the couch because they are little and cute. We let them play w/things they shouldn't because we exude it as "puppy play" and THEN they turn into these 50 pound BULLIES!!! Lol It's time to reign in the Wallygator

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

11. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Tracey @ddnene Just thought of something. I could have let you borrow my trainer.
    Her name is Maude, and she has trained me completely-I do most whatever she wants!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Tracey @ddnene Just thought of something. I could have let you borrow my trainer.
    Her name is Maude, and she has trained me completely-I do most whatever she wants!!!
    Maude may be exactly what Wallygator needs… Lol

14. Likes CCandMurray, Manydogs liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Hahahaha well, she comes highly recommended and i bet she would work for treats!

16. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray, Manydogs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    You know I think it sort of creeps up on us… we let them sleep on the couch because they are little and cute. We let them play w/things they shouldn't because we exude it as "puppy play" and THEN they turn into these 50 pound BULLIES!!! Lol It's time to reign in the Wallygator
    thats exactly what happened around here. I understand how you feel having someone coming in to observe not only Wally but you too. If that ever happened here i am sure the observer would think the owners are bat **** crazy for what they let the dogs do!
    Chum knows who runs the show around here...funny but not really funny.
    Good luck! I hope you get to the root of the problem here!

18. Likes CCandMurray, ddnene, Manydogs, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    thats exactly what happened around here. I understand how you feel having someone coming in to observe not only Wally but you too. If that ever happened here i am sure the observer would think the owners are bat **** crazy for what they let the dogs do!
    Chum knows who runs the show around here...funny but not really funny.
    Good luck! I hope you get to the root of the problem here!
    Oh you are cracking me up…

20. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well we had our first visit last night… Nikki was here for over 2 hours!!! She was extremely nice, and VERY thorough… we went over Walter's history, I showed her some videos of what has been going on, and she observed his behavior. I hadn't given him his varsity ball, SO he decided to bark at the soccer goal for long periods of time (10-15 min) while she was here

Nikki said that these types of cases are like a puzzle, and there are MANY pieces in Wally's case that she needs to find. My first assignments is to take care of the medical issues that she believes may be contributing...

1. He needs to be neutered… she believes that his issues w/Ray could definitely be testosterone related.
    2. A FULL thyroid blood panel test to completely rule out the thyroid.
    3. A good hip x-ray while he is under for his surgery, she wants to make sure those hips are cleared.
    4. She also noticed the stiffness of his right leg, so she want's that checked out completely.
    5. An eye exam… she want's to make sure that he is seeing things clearly. She noted some odd behavior as if he was looking at something that wasn't there, and this could explain some of his OCD regarding certain objects such as a new box in the house, etc...

Nikki went over nutrition, and she was extremely pleased at our food choices and supplements (Thank YOU EBN) she wanted me to find out the copper content of the Fromm's. I guess that too much copper can play a role in aggression in dogs?!!

Initially this could be several different things, or it could be related to one thing specifically...

1. Pain from his backend area… anals, leg or hip pain.
    2. Too much testosterone…
    3. Poor eyesight…
    4. Thyroid issues…
    5. Lack of self control… hence the OCD regarding foreign objects, and his reactions to being touched in those back areas.

Neurological issues can NOT be ruled out of course, she did mention rage syndrome which I have never looked up before. She said that his reactions after these episodes have happened indicates that he seems to NOT remember what has happened, so until these other issues are addressed that could indicate a problem. She wants me to video tape and keep a record of all of his episodes, how long they last etc…

ALSO she wants me to get between him and whatever inanimate object seems to be fixating on (the soccer net for instance) she had to do it about 3 times, and he finally got the hint to leave it alone. She basically walked between him and the net and said very quietly "that's enough" to get him to walk away from it. This is the area where she feels he has lost the ability to control himself, and not over obsess about these objects.

I have to admit I was fascinated to hear her insight regarding Walter, and she took the videos that I had and went over frame by frame what was going on in Walter's mind. I feel confident that she will find out what is going on, but of course a part of me worries that this could be neurological. I'm going to try and stay positive… hopefully this is just a medical issue that we just haven't been able to resolve. We scheduled another visit in May, and thankfully Ray will be home so now just to contact the vet and get his medical issues dealt with.

22. Likes 2BullyMama, Petra, TyTysmom, Frith, Texas Carol liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads