Absolute FAVORITE Training Tool

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I hope to help others with this post. I started using a small air horn for correcting REALLY BAD behavior like jumping when Joey would not obey the off command BUT the air horn hurt my ears, LOL. I NEVER pointed at her, always behind my back. So, my search continued and just started using this product 3 days ago and LOVE IT!! It does NOT replace training, its to be used in conjunction with training and to get the attention needed. So, hope this helps others.

Pet Corrector.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never heard of this..... :hmm: glad it is working for you and I hope none of you go deaf :D

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Never heard of this..... :hmm: glad it is working for you and I hope none of you go deaf :D

HAHA no threat of going deaf LOL.......it's pressurized air and gives off a hissing sound. Didn't use the horn very long :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
there's a dog trainer here from LA (but he has a national radio show, named Warren Eckstein) who will occasionally recommend a small air horn noise for training purposes too. Never tried one myself but have been tempted to with my naughty boy Finn.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
there's a dog trainer here from LA (but he has a national radio show, named Warren Eckstein) who will occasionally recommend a small air horn noise for training purposes too. Never tried one myself but have been tempted to with my naughty boy Finn.
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] The air horn worked really well BUT like I said OUCH it hurt my ears. The pressurized air works GREAT and saves my ears. YouTube has a training video for proper use, I watched it and following the guy's tips. Joey's biggest NO NO had been jumping, can you believe only 3 or 4 days using this method her jumping has all but stopped. I'm so happy!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We used to have a horrible problem with a bullmastiff who loved to bark right in our faces for attention. Our trainer recommended we use a spray bottle and to spritz her in the face when she barked. She loved it! Then they told us to put vinegar in the water--that she wouldn't like the taste and smell. She liked that too and smelled like a tossed salad. I wish you much luck in your search. I can't add anything--we failed miserably. :eek:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, happy it is working for you, and it's easy on the ears. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I haven't heard of this product either, but I'm glad it's working for you. When Dozer and Blossom were puppies, they would sometimes play too rough with each other and I would get their attention with a can or jar of pennies, and I would shake it, and they would stop.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
there's a show 'my cat from hell' and the guy on it uses these things hooked up with motion sensors to prevent cats from going places like counter tops, but also to keep dogs out of the cat box.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online