Work and dog interaction age.

SirDazza

Mar 15, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi there,

Hoping to acquire a puppy some time in the next month or so but wanted to get some opinions on ages at which to do things!

I work/run an office alongside my brother which I plan to bring my bulldog to (my others dogs occasional come with me) though I was curious what people think would be a good age to bring him in? Ideally id like to introduce him as young as safely possible without causing any stress to the pup as I feel it would be a good way to save the pup being left with family and for interaction throughout the day with myself. Also figured it would be a great way for him to get used to the car/new environments/people!

And secondly, my brother has a 8 year old labrador. Softest thing you've ever met, so again, didn't know if people would recommend a certain age at which introduction would be a good idea? I remember throwing the lab in the deep end and introducing him to our retriever first day we got him home, but didnt know if Bulldogs are any different!

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hello and :welcome3: to EBN....

I would wait till after he has had all his shots and up to date on vaccinations, before bringing him into work.... usually is around 16 weeks of age. After that, have at it with all the socialization and exposures you can get him into .... more the better so he HOPEFULLY does not develop fears. Bulldogs are OCD and tend to be naturally skiddish with objects.... trash bags, vacuum cleaners, etc.

good luck and looking forward to pictures

OP
S

SirDazza

Mar 15, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
hello and :welcome3: to EBN....

I would wait till after he has had all his shots and up to date on vaccinations, before bringing him into work.... usually is around 16 weeks of age. After that, have at it with all the socialization and exposures you can get him into .... more the better so he HOPEFULLY does not develop fears. Bulldogs are OCD and tend to be naturally skiddish with objects.... trash bags, vacuum cleaners, etc.

good luck and looking forward to pictures

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Also for sure, when I get the little guy home ill show him off a little!

Thanks again.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi,

I always encourage my new owners to socialize their new puppy. Many of them take their new puppy to work. I tell them to wait until all of the shots are given and to take it slow. Puppies can become overwhelmed easily by too many people. Limit the number of people that greet the puppy. Too much petting and facetime can be a set back. Watch the puppy to see how the introductions are going. Take it slow and easy, but keep moving forward.

Be confident~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.