General Question Just wondering....

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
....it feels like the longer the walks I take with Big, worst are the zoomies when we are back home!
Since he's a 7 month old puppy with extra energy, there are days that I walk him for 30, 35 minutes in the evening and when we are back home, GOSH, he's crazy! lol!
The goal is to tire him NOT to have a zoomie, but it feels like he walks and realizes he has so much energy and wants to keep going!
:lmao:

Just wanted to share it! Have a great day everyone!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:stinkeye: Typical toddler... Fighting his sleep:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi there!! Joey is just over 8 months and we take long walks everyday, rain or shine. She is good for about a 5 minute zoomie every evening when we get back from our walk, and just before she's ready to pass out. I let her do her thing BUT I pick up all of her toys, anything that would stimulate her, and put them away. It only takes about 15 minutes and she is out snoring......If it's one of those nights I will get her moose antler out and let her have it for 30 minutes or so. This has worked wonderfully for us and we are in a pretty good evening routine now. Hope this helps.....I actually enjoy watching her zoomies. LOL

OP
LeleNY

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
Hi there!! Joey is just over 8 months and we take long walks everyday, rain or shine. She is good for about a 5 minute zoomie every evening when we get back from our walk, and just before she's ready to pass out. I let her do her thing BUT I pick up all of her toys, anything that would stimulate her, and put them away. It only takes about 15 minutes and she is out snoring......If it's one of those nights I will get her moose antler out and let her have it for 30 minutes or so. This has worked wonderfully for us and we are in a pretty good evening routine now. Hope this helps.....I actually enjoy watching her zoomies. LOL

hahah I enjoy watching the zoomies too, it's such an act of craziness!
GREAT idea to not leave toys around! I will definitely do that and buy a moose antler, since I just learned it's safe!

Thanks!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
The removal of the toys worked like a charm, without stimulation Joey gets the message that its quiet time to snuggle. At her age she LOVES the "crown cut" moose antlers, you can ask for those specifically through Acadia Antlers. I do not leave them out all of the time, actually NOTHING stays out all of the time. Joey gets rewarded, so she considers antlers, toys, everything as a very special treat. :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Very typical puppy bahaviour. Love it and miss it :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online