Help Needed! seperation anxiety

SCOTTANGE

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA
Hello we have 3 year old Lola, Lola has begun acting aggressively. She attacks our feet when we leave the house and bites our shoes, she also does not like most people who come in our house. I realize that she is showing domination, but she is very stubborn and we are loosing the battle. Lola is not the most affectionate dog but she loves to play and be close to us, she has gotten to the point that if she is forced to do something she doesn't want to do she becomes aggressive. Lola had Parvo when she was a puppy and it seems that ever since the time she spent in the hospital she has been very spooky. It is just us left in the house , kids are gone and we need to get ahold of the situation. We have tried to be more assertive but as you all know bulldogs are not like other dogs. We would really appreciate any tips

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hello we have 3 year old Lola, Lola has begun acting aggressively. She attacks our feet when we leave the house and bites our shoes, she also does not like most people who come in our house. I realize that she is showing domination, but she is very stubborn and we are loosing the battle. Lola is not the most affectionate dog but she loves to play and be close to us, she has gotten to the point that if she is forced to do something she doesn't want to do she becomes aggressive. Lola had Parvo when she was a puppy and it seems that ever since the time she spent in the hospital she has been very spooky. It is just us left in the house , kids are gone and we need to get ahold of the situation. We have tried to be more assertive but as you all know bulldogs are not like other dogs. We would really appreciate any tips

Hey there, welcome to EBN :)

My first question would be have you had her checked recently by a vet to make sure nothing is going on that's bothering or hurting her? Alot of times they show aggression if they are in some sort of pain. I would ask for a full blood panel - checking Thyroid as well.

Tyson on occasion shows he's upset when we're leaving - and we know its because he wants to come. What we do is distract him with a treat, or his kong. If everything health wise comes back clear, then yes, you need to re-establish Alpha in the home. Which means constant, consistent, repetition. Try the "nothing is free" technique which I'll link here for you.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ioral/33985-life-free-training-technique.html

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN... Tytysmom is on point--- also since Lola was sick as a puppy was Her socialization with other dogs and people limited? When a pup is not socialized before age of 1... They can be more difficult to get in line some become afraid of everything others become aggressive because they ate unsure --- implement nothing in life is free and also think about bringing a trainer into evaluate the behavior. This good be an easy fix but a long road of time consistentcy and patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.