I have never seen a dog even all My rescues eat with such verocity as Rosie , Anyone else ?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Rosie is now moving too 7 months old , I have and have had all sorts of dogs from many terrible situations but I have never seen such aggressive food eating habits as Rosie , now not towards other dogs when they are also eating Diva corrected her of that , rosie does not go to other dogs bowls and try to steal there food .
But she sure aggressively tackles her food bowl gone in seconds looking for more will try eating anything found on the floor i have never given her cause as in not feed her on time or missed meals , it is like she was a starving dog all the time .

Does anyone else have these types of issues with there bully ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She sounds just like my Banks.... swear, as soon as her face hit the bowl the food was gone, and she was licking the bowl for every taste of food she could get in her.... she would then look at us like we forgot to put food in the bowl for her. What I did was added a little bit of water which caused her to 'lap' the food and not inhale it.

Lambeau is also a fast eater, but nothing like Banks was..... Cheli and Nitchke are/were both very slow, take a few kibbles, chew, breathe, take a few kibbles, chew, breathe... repeat till bowl empty.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Until I get a slow feeder, I have to feed mine in smaller portions because he inhales his food and then throws up because he ate too fast. I also have him do tricks before he eats and I give him kibble as a reward.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson inhales his food too. Always has, he eats a bit slower now since his food is more wet, not kibble. But yep, seems to be a bulldog thing. A slow feeder may be a good idea :)

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
She sounds just like my Banks.... swear, as soon as her face hit the bowl the food was gone, and she was licking the bowl for every taste of food she could get in her.... she would then look at us like we forgot to put food in the bowl for her. What I did was added a little bit of water which caused her to 'lap' the food and not inhale it.

Lambeau is also a fast eater, but nothing like Banks was..... Cheli and Nitchke are/were both very slow, take a few kibbles, chew, breathe, take a few kibbles, chew, breathe... repeat till bowl empty.

Thats a great Idea I will try that water thing see what happens Thanks Christine OH I today found Coffee Ice Cream ( Lookout Prettyone daddy has brand new shoes lol )

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH I today found Coffee Ice Cream ( Lookout Prettyone daddy has brand new shoes lol )

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: I taste FANTASTIC, but not so good for the hips :D

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
Our little Jupiter absolutely loses her mind when she knows the food is coming. We move her to one of the slow eating bowls to keep her from making herself sick but wow you would think she hadn't been feed for a week every time I get her food ready. She'll be 9 weeks tomorrow so we are still trying to train her to calm down a little at least. I will need to record it tonight; especially if I try and hold her back from the food it gets 10x worse.

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Our little Jupiter absolutely loses her mind when she knows the food is coming. We move her to one of the slow eating bowls to keep her from making herself sick but wow you would think she hadn't been feed for a week every time I get her food ready. She'll be 9 weeks tomorrow so we are still trying to train her to calm down a little at least. I will need to record it tonight; especially if I try and hold her back from the food it gets 10x worse.

I have never heard of these bowls and will look into that also TY much, Rosie Must sit before she is fed well all my guys must but that does not work now lol she is very much like you describe just goes crazy

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I also add water to their food. It definitely takes them, ohhhhhh 30 seconds or so longer to eat. Mine have to sit and shake before they can have their bowls. While lockjaw looks like he's in a full on hand raise, Penny very daintily JUST raises her paw enough to show that she's doing "something". Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My two bullies just suck down the food-never heard them chew! The other one chews hers!

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
yes! it was shocking at first as I went from having picky little shelties who daintily ate one piece of food at a time, to frank who eats like a crazy man.

at exactly 5pm sharp he starts staring at us and making groaning noises. god forbid we are 5 minutes late feeding him, he will walk into the kitchen and start licking his empty bowl. in the 20 seconds it takes me to open his food container and fill the scoop, he's got a little pool of drool underneath him on the floor. and yes he eats it all in about 5 seconds if I don't put a tennis ball in there to slow his roll. it's really a sight to see! I think most bullies are food motivated to the extreme! I love him.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy too! 10-15 seconds and she will finish 1 cup of kibble. She does not chew on it... she just inhales and then looks at me like I didnt give her enough. She doesnt throw up after eating so I never worried about slowing her down. The only thing I did because she was all over me when I was scooping her food is to make her sit and wait for a command to eat. I put food bowl down, make her do the hi five... sometimes 3 times if I noticed her super anxious! :) then I let her have it! That seemed to make her calm down a bit but she still a fast eater.

But ...hey... I am not complaining. I can feed Izzy/walk and complete potty break in less than 10 minutes and I live on the third floor of an apartment complex! She is my ninja :loco2:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Chance seems to be going through a phase still wolfs down his meal lickety split but I normally feed him twice a day. His first meal most times lately sits untouched until dinner time then I add the extra and he chows down. Also will not eat unless someone is home.
Have seen the bowls to slow them down and read about adding a large stone into their food dish making them eat slower by having to pick instead of in hale.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.