Does your bulldog run and then sit down suddenly?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
My bully tends to run and then sit down suddenly like his butt is hurting him. I know he has done it in the past when he had a tail pocket irritation or when he was constipated. But sometimes I can't determine the reason and just wonder if it is a bulldog thing. It doesn't seem like normal behavior. Maybe he has digestive problems. I am switching his protein because I think he is slightly allergic.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be an anal gland issue.... maybe have your vet or a groomer express the glands to see if they are full

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't think they do it for no reason... but it could be a number of things I guess:unsure: I would check the anal glands like Christine said, I'm dealing with that on one of my bulldogs at the moment and it's not fun if it goes to far:(

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
His anal glands look normal and don't smell, but I will have someone else check it out.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Penny has done that as well. And I've had to start expressing her anal glands- about once every few weeks ( I bring a face shield mask and gloves home from work- lol).I can't say that I've seen her do it lately though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
My bully does it quite often. Have been curious what it's all about....I will also have to check into the anal gland issue! Good luck!

TexasSlinger

Nov 20, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Anabelle Buttons
Anabelle doesn't scoot as much now.
733c2ecd3e1fa655561cff7080725885.jpg

How do we arm the other 11??

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
He did it this morning again, but I let him out to go to the bathroom and then he stopped. I'm getting his anal glands checked, but I think he uses this behavior for anything that is wrong near his bum (tail pocket, constipation, anal gland, etc).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.