Harness type

Melemery24

Jan 10, 2016
MD
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Hello everyone. I have a 7 month old bulldog named Zoey. I am wondering what is the best type of harness to use for her. As she is growing and getting stronger she is pulling a lot when we go for walks, when she sees someone and wants their attention. Thanks for the help.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I use Kong on my babies

Sheldon&Maddie's Mommy

Angel Suarez Jr

Jan 10, 2016
OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas & Rocky
I use Julius K9 IDC harnesses for both my EBs. It gives me secure control without putting strain on my two lil guys when they pull. Also, the handle on top is great for those directionally challenges fur babies :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We used a Puppia until Buster hit 1 year old then went to the Julius. The Julius is a heavy duty harness.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
We also have the Julius K9 IDC harness, and what I really like about it, is how it lays lower on the chest than other harnesses. Jack used to pull too, and this helped him with the heavy breathing.

EnglishLove

Nov 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilma
How does the Julius K9 harness stop the dog from pulling? We recently bought a larger size which we can not use yet. If it will help fix the pulling then it would be a big bonus.

KatieToth

Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
How does the Julius K9 harness stop the dog from pulling? We recently bought a larger size which we can not use yet. If it will help fix the pulling then it would be a big bonus.

It doesn't necessarily stop the dog from pulling; however, especially for bulldogs, harnesses that ride up closer on the neck part that could cause breathing issues. The IDC harnesses designed to lay lower on the chest, which solved all of our heavy breathing issues caused by pulling. That is what I was mentioning above.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I see there's a couple of IDC styles for the Julius, which one do you guys like best? Also could anyone suggest a size for me? Murray is 51 pounds. Thanks in advance :)

KatieToth

Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
I see there's a couple of IDC styles for the Julius, which one do you guys like best? Also could anyone suggest a size for me? Murray is 51 pounds. Thanks in advance :)

I would suggest the IDC power harness. I believe it is their newest style, and it's the one that lays lower on the chest. Jack has a size 2, but he is a lot bigger than 51 pounds. I think you would be fine with size 1. When I was picking out the right size, I just typed in google "Julius K9 IDC harness sizing" and it came right up so you can do it that way also.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online