Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
Well its been over a year that we have enjoyed Josie. So far it has been an incredible experience. Other then a bad case of urinary tract infection, she has done very well. She is bringing us incredible joy. Words really can't express our feelings. She has been very faithful and a great bedtime companion. When any one of us is sick in bed, she does not leave their side.
Now to some other news. Perhaps you may feel this is a no no. We are introducing a 3 year old male (yet to be neutered) male bulldog. Family got him from what turned out to be a puppy mill and he was used for breeding. New owner has a two year old child and dog likes to mark indoor, especially plastic. Why? I will promptly neuter regardless. He is crate trained and not aggressive. Your typical bulldog. Sounds to me he just needs plenty of attention and a solid routine. Granted nobody likes to go outside in -10 below, but having woods and plenty of land, I should keep him busy marking outside. Would introduce him at his own comfort level. Any suggestions to keep possible tempers down. Getting him this coming Friday. Thanks, Christian

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Many people say to introduce them on neutral territory-away from your home. Take them for a walk together. Why are they re homing him because they have a 2 year old? That sounds suspicious to me,as I had 5 dogs,with little kids,and no problems. If you have children, just be cautious. As for the plastic, I have heard of dogs and cats having a thing like that about plastic. My niece has a cat that will pee on anything plastic,especially like shopping bags. You can also buy spray,that is supposed to neutralize the scent,if he does mark. I (in my opinion) that if watched closely, he can be taught NOT to mark in the house. Good luck and hope it works out! You may need a bit of patience, [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] is an expert!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN.... Agree meet on neutral ground and take pups fir a walk before entering your home/-- since it is female/make chances are better they will be ok in time .... Like you said he can be trained but will need strict schedule and lots of attention. Good luck

OP
C

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
After more contemplating I decided not to get a second bulldog. I love my Josie and her emotional needy ways. I might end up getting jealous. I like her attention and thought maybe I might become resentful. Strange I know. It just didn't feel right at the moment.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Most Reactions

Members online