Lazy pup

Little Dunc

Oct 21, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Duncan
Hi everyone, I understand the breed is well known for being a lazy breed but my 5 month old pup is a lot more laid back than I could have expected. He has has a couple of episodes of limping after walks and basically just strolls round the house like he is about 10!. He isn't yelping or showing signs of stress I just find it hard to believe this is the behaviour of a five month old pup. Can anyone offer any guidance if this is normal or not.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
How long are you walking him for? I was walking my pup way to long and it can lead to joint issues, but we were advised that 10/15mins was enough for a puppy that age.

OP
L

Little Dunc

Oct 21, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Duncan
I would say on average about 15-20 minutes

OP
L

Little Dunc

Oct 21, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Duncan
Yes lots of toys he just isn't very lively

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is he eating and drinking normal-- how much a day?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Any other unusual symptoms? Vomiting? Is the limp bad that he puts no pressure on the leg? How are his bowel movements? Eat/Drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
My Penny is like that. I usually walk them anywhere from 10-20 mins. When she's done she will start to limp-but as soon as we get to the house, she's fine. Yesterday my boy - Lockjaw wanted to go outside (he LOVES being outside and walking), so I figured I would walk them again, we got to the end of the driveway and she stopped and slipped out of her harness like "oh no- one walk a day is just fine for me!". She will sleep and relax a lot more than my boy will. It's all in their personalities. I guess bc I have 2 at the same age it's easier to see their personality differences. Penny is definitely my laid back "lazy" bulldog and Lockjaw is my more energetic one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
15/20 mins sounds good so I doubt it's too much walking. Might want to check with the vet in that case.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.