monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear slips right out of his harness and runs and jumps on people on the street. Are there any types of harness that are escape proof?

We had a dog run fenced in for our bulldog and mastiff but apparently the water men couldn't get to the water meter and refuse to knock on the door for us to let them in. So we had to take it down or risk getting fined. For a temporary solution we bought two tie outs to let them out to potty, they are outside for no more than ten minutes at a time, but Bear slips right out of his harness. Other than using a choke collar, which I won't do, I have no idea how to fix this. He is neutered so that shouldn't be a problem. He's so darn stubborn, he hates being chained up or even being walked on a leash. I guess he got spoiled having his own little doggie run to frolic around. I'm stuck.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have only used the Julius K-9 for my bullies, but they have never escaped from it… YET!!! Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a roman type halter on my Frug. One day outside the Vet's(who is on a very busy road)she slipped out of it,and of course would not listen. I finally got her,but she scared me to death! After that, I only use Lupine step-in harness. They do not stretch,are very adjustable,and if damaged or chewed, they replace them for free. My dogs wear their harness all the time,so I think the Julius is too bulky for all the time wear,though I've never had one! [MENTION=10901]monkey10262[/MENTION] When I fenced,I fenced,so that the water meter was not included. Now they read it electronically.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have only used the Julius K-9 for my bullies, but they have never escaped from it… YET!!! Lol

Give Willow time ....:giggle:

I was going to also suggest the Julius K9

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Fwiw, taco has gotten out of his julius k9 by pulling backwards and clinching up his front legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fwiw, taco has gotten out of his julius k9 by pulling backwards and clinching up his front legs.

WOW.... Houdini lives!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

WOW!! You've got get a video of that, I never knew it was possible.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
WOW!! You've got get a video of that, I never knew it was possible.

It's the pulling backwards mixed with flailing around. It looks like a croc death roll, and by the time you figure out what's happening, he's out. No way I could catch a video, haha. I have been able to prevent it by not letting him pull backwards while leashed, or keeping the leash taught and vertical. It's only happened about two times, but I've seen it possible.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's the pulling backwards mixed with flailing around. It looks like a croc death roll, and by the time you figure out what's happening, he's out. No way I could catch a video, haha. I have been able to prevent it by not letting him pull backwards while leashed, or keeping the leash taught and vertical. It's only happened about two times, but I've seen it possible.

"croc death roll" !!! LMAO! I can picture that, these guys are AMAZING!

jdblodgett

Dec 7, 2015
Northern Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnefred "Winni" "Da Poh"
I just bout this one Kurgo Journey Dog Harness | Active Dog Harness and so far so good. I may still try out the Julius since it gets so many recommendations. The front mount ring is nice as it helps with the pulling. If she pulls me, she gets thrown off balance and realizes it is self defeating. I thought the back mount ring placement at the back was odd until she tried pulling and i realized it just snugged up the harness. It also had the seat belt lanyard which is the reason i bought it, as she was getting to be a handful in my truck. That back handle is nice lifting her into the truck, feels safer as I am so afraid she is going to get dropped and injured. Overly paranoid dad.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just bout this one Kurgo Journey Dog Harness | Active Dog Harness and so far so good. I may still try out the Julius since it gets so many recommendations. The front mount ring is nice as it helps with the pulling. If she pulls me, she gets thrown off balance and realizes it is self defeating. I thought the back mount ring placement at the back was odd until she tried pulling and i realized it just snugged up the harness. It also had the seat belt lanyard which is the reason i bought it, as she was getting to be a handful in my truck. That back handle is nice lifting her into the truck, feels safer as I am so afraid she is going to get dropped and injured. Overly paranoid dad.

Does it secure to the seat belts? Nyala is too small to be put in the back suv with a barrier which is already equipment from my GS I had. I would be scared if I need to put the breaks fast she will hit or bounce in the back. She needs to be tied down for sure.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Kong "Traffic Loop" Harness as a less expensive alternative to the K-9 Julius if it's just for your yard. I've used it for years now because I used to say that Ruckus would easy walk right out of his easy walk harness. I'm ordering K-9 Julius for Ruckus and Regina, but we go on multiple walks per day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.