Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Escaping harness!

BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Escaping harness!

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    WOW.... Houdini lives!

Was thinking the same. Lollll

Little Houdini at work

BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jdblodgett View Post
    I just bout this one Kurgo Journey Dog Harness | Active Dog Harness and so far so good. I may still try out the Julius since it gets so many recommendations. The front mount ring is nice as it helps with the pulling. If she pulls me, she gets thrown off balance and realizes it is self defeating. I thought the back mount ring placement at the back was odd until she tried pulling and i realized it just snugged up the harness. It also had the seat belt lanyard which is the reason i bought it, as she was getting to be a handful in my truck. That back handle is nice lifting her into the truck, feels safer as I am so afraid she is going to get dropped and injured. Overly paranoid dad.

Does it secure to the seat belts? Nyala is too small to be put in the back suv with a barrier which is already equipment from my GS I had. I would be scared if I need to put the breaks fast she will hit or bounce in the back. She needs to be tied down for sure.

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Kong "Traffic Loop" Harness as a less expensive alternative to the K-9 Julius if it's just for your yard. I've used it for years now because I used to say that Ruckus would easy walk right out of his easy walk harness. I'm ordering K-9 Julius for Ruckus and Regina, but we go on multiple walks per day.

Real Name
    Julia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hattie Pearl
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by YHSublime View Post
    It's the pulling backwards mixed with flailing around. It looks like a croc death roll, and by the time you figure out what's happening, he's out. No way I could catch a video, haha. I have been able to prevent it by not letting him pull backwards while leashed, or keeping the leash taught and vertical. It's only happened about two times, but I've seen it possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. I have a Houdini too. She can honestly back out of anything. It's pretty impressive. When I got her the Ruffwear Front Range harness I was convinced I'd finally found something escape-proof...until about a month later when I tried taking her to a new vet....which was 100 feet from the side of a busy 8 lane highway. I will say, though, that was the only time she got out of this one. She puts on the breaks sometimes, but the harness still stays put. And yeah, I've had to learn some combative leash maneuvers too.

5. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

We have the Julius K9 harnesses for our bullies and they are wonderful..sturdy and we have had no issues with escapes

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Loving all this info my boy is 32 lbs now and will prob be under 60... any advice on the julies k9 size.. it almost seems like the 0 ... tks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads