Jeffery

Mar 23, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Axel
My bully is a year old 01.18.16. Still having problems with the potty training. We've tried everything and he still doesn't seem to get the concept. He'll go in his crate and just lay in it. He'll go outside fine but then come back in and will go. This last attempt we took him out every 2 hours before going to bed before going to bed for the night. He did great for a month and now we're back to square one. He knows to go outside it's like he's trying to be the alpha so to speak. I refuse to give up but it's breaking my heart that I can't trust him to roam. Help!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you had him checked by the vet for a UTI? That would be the first step. Is he going everywhere, or just in his crate? Some bullies can never have bedding in their crates.
If he has been checked,and pees in the house,not just the crate,I would crate him without bedding when you are not home,and leash him(holding the leash) when you are home,so that you can be sure to watch him.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree, it's time for a vet check… bulldogs sometimes regress w/the potty training. Just don't give up, and keep up with consistency.

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Charlotte was good for a while and then regressed and wasn't where we currently are until well after one. She will be two in March and I can almost say we are potty trained.just hoping we have no more setbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
If it's bedwetting, perhaps the superb piece of advice I got here that helped Castor when he had a period of bedwetting might be of help: make sure he's not lying in a draught. We closed a window we used to keep open at night, and that solved the problem.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.