Misbehaving dog!

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
I have a wonderful 1 year old bully. He's sweet, goofy, and loveable...most of the time. when it comes to night time and I want to relax on the couch and watch tv, he turns into a wild animal. He's all over me! He jumps on me, climbs on me, licks me sniffs me humps me, bites the blankets, pulls on the pillows under my head, throws his body Into me and smears his wet soggy toys across my face. It honestly drives me nuts that he won't just lay on the couch with me and relax. Anybody out there have any suggestions for me?! This has been going on since we got him! :unsure:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He is either fighting sleep or needs more exercise. Chunky can be annoying when he is tired and fighting sleep.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I would move the couch and tv into another room and let Weesie deal with it.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Try walking him at night to wear him out. I'll let mine play fetch for about 10 mins and then they are done. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I'm wondering does he finally stop? He is still a pup, and mine always got the "zoomies" morning and night. Fortunately,they had each other to wrestle and run with. You may need to take him outside and exercise him, before your couch time, and get the zoomies out! Give it a try! Now that mine have passed two,they hardly ever zoom.

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
I figured he probabily needs to let out some pent up energy. I will try walking him before couch time and see if it helps. The only problem is its 25 degrees here in buffalo and neither of us want to go outside haha

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It's been raining here a lot lately, and if mine don't get an evening walk they are pretty rambunctious at night. Well- I got a laser pointer thing yesterday. They ran all around chasing that thing for about 15 minutes last night. They were KNOCKED OUT after that. Great way to get their exercise indoors. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Charlie is no different at almost nine months...he has the same "lose his -ish" moments unless he's exercised. I agree that the wet, soggy toys are way to gross... IMG_0964.JPG

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I need to set boundaries with Izzy when it comes to couch space because she tends to take advantage of it and forget that I am the pack leader. If he is sitting on you... and not respecting your space (as much as we all love our bullies) maybe this is a good opportunity to introduce a little discipline to your baby! I always find Izzy to be more relaxed when she understands her role in the pack... if I dont let her know she becomes anxious and all over the place! I play with her a lot... but the couch is mine! So I usually let her chew on her bone by my feet so I can relax and watch my show. If I dont make that clear to her she keeps pacing , crying.... whining.... the moment that I tell her to stay down and chew on her bone she relaxes and enjoys herself.

Just an idea! Exercising always a great tip!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If physical exercise is not possible due weather or what ever cause, you can always do mental exercises. Obedience training is very effective to tire a pup and as a bonus you get a smarter bully.

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Thanks for the tips everyone!! Beef seems to be much more calm when he's tired, so I've been trying to make that happen. I worries me that they say Bulldogs shouldn't "overdo it" so I never know how much is enough. He has an elongated soft palate (meeting with the surgeon January 26th about it) so he starts panting literally right away and doesn't stop, so I never want to work him up because I don't know how dangerous it is. Even though it's freezing outside lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.