Couch Birth

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
Okay, so there are many things I can say about this pic. Best was Izzy wanted to see what natural birth is like..
I posted in Training/behavior because she gets a bit nasty when I go to pick her up. Not with my wife. Do I need to be very gentle ? Give a treat ?

Attachments

• izzy couch birth.jpg
    izzy couch birth.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 161

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe. It could be in how you approach her.

Sheldon&Maddie's Mommy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
how adorable.... she is 'peeking out!

agree with Jennifer.... how are you approaching her? It could also be she is challenging you? Any other times that she is growling or not obeying commands with you?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a great pic, I love how they want to get into the weirdest places, its even funnier when they get older & bigger and realize its not so possible anymore, lol :no:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
What a great pic, I love how they want to get into the weirdest places, its even funnier when they get older & bigger and realize its not so possible anymore, lol :no:

:biglaugh:so true…Bass just turned two, so he's filling out width wise - it cracks me up to see him try to manipulate his potato pudge in small places

Maggie Chilton

Apr 25, 2015
Spring, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mulan, Mila
So sweet. She looks like my Mila. Just be consistent on how you pick her up. Treats work very well with my girls, just say the words "do you want a cookie" and they will do anything. Bullies are not like other dogs, they are very stubborn. Get the low fat cookies!!

OP
B

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
I guess it's when we have her out of the pen playing and we go to pick her up because it's time to go back, it's not as bad when taking her out of the pen to play.
She also doesn't appreciate being on her back for a belly rub. I hear that it is important that she knows who's boss by us doing that. Any tricks to achieving that, or is it food treats she craves ? Man these dogs are head strong in more ways than one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I guess it's when we have her out of the pen playing and we go to pick her up because it's time to go back, it's not as bad when taking her out of the pen to play.
She also doesn't appreciate being on her back for a belly rub. I hear that it is important that she knows who's boss by us doing that. Any tricks to achieving that, or is it food treats she craves ? Man these dogs are head strong in more ways than one.

Use this training tool.... very easy and will tell her you are boos .... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ioral/33985-life-free-training-technique.html

Head strong = thinking/contemplating -- 'so, is that treat really worth me doing what you are asking? ' :ponder: that is what they are doing. :giggle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online