Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hercules driving me nuts

Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hercules driving me nuts

Dudley is exactly the same! he's coming up to 12 months old, he goes out twice a day but the second i walk in the room if i have been out he runs straight for his toy and launches himself at me then we have a good wrestle for 15 mins or generally until I'm totally knackered (think Duds would go on playing forever!) i have to tell him "Enough now" which he usually knows means time to stop. An hour later and its time to go again though especially if i get the iPad out, he seems to think that is a signal for playtime too.
    As some of the others have said we have found chew treats will normally distract him for a while, Dudley loves his rice bones.

2. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

My 10.5 yo female is VERY OCD... every night she eats, we do dishes, wife takes a shower, then we she comes out, our Bully has to have play time with Daddy.. a good 20-30 mins of fetch, tug.. she'll sit there and bark and bark and bark..

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kenc87 View Post
    I would say that's it but my wife just took him for a 35 minute walk/ run and he came back and went back to barking his head off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did he lose a toy under a piece of furniture? Bentley does this to us...bless his heart...he loves to play ball...that is why one of his other names is "Ball Junkie." He starts barking and I refer to him as Lassie.

Ask Herc what it is...maybe he will lead you to something good. Definitely something is amiss. Did you switch any furniture around? Bentley is our OCD boy and will bark when something is out of place.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@kenc87 Well...How did it go last p.m.?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kenc87 View Post
    So we are having an issue with Hercules, he is ~8 months old and overall sore try good dog, the one real issue we have is that when we are home and want to sit on the couch and watch tv or just talk he won't stop barking and jumping and it becomes very annoying eventually. Any ideas? He's done this since he was a puppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hello, I've just recently started working with Joey on this. She is 8 months old and is a DREAM all day as I work in my office it's when I finally sit down in the evening that she grabs a toy, jumps on the couch and BOOM....let's play!

Well here's what I've been doing to begin a new nightly routine. She's always been walked early in the morning and then again after she eats, around 6 in the evening. I used to then play fetch with her when we would get back in the house. Problem was she didn't want to stop. What has been working for me is when I want play time to stop I pick up all of her toys and put them away EXCEPT one of her antlers. I put the antler in her bed and she knows that is where she's allowed to work on any antler. Well......it's working! We've only been on this routine for about a week, she's catching on and after she is done working on the antler she comes up to snuggle and go to sleep....done for the night. Good luck, I hope this helps.
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads