BARKING

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
In the last couple of week so George has started barking at everything and anything. He never barked when we got him first at 10 weeks he is now just 6 months.
Is it maybe a puberty issue and if so how do you deal with it? I do intend to have him neutered within the next month or 2 I just need to arrange it with the vet and also that I have time off to take care of him afterwards.
All help would be appreciated.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It depends on what he is barking at. Mine barks at just about everything that invades her space or even a leaf blowing in the wind yet she is quiet when there is a cat on the fence and she is going to be 3.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Yeah it's the smallest of things like the light on the heating timer to blowing leaves and he will for sure bark at cats. But he seems ready to bark before anything even happens just as we let him out to the bathroom he is barking as soon as his paw hit the yard. He never did this that's why I'm just wondering if it's a phase like puberty for example.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be anything.... he found his 'voice' or as Todd stated -- they see anything that they feel does not belong (blowing leave, cat, plastic bag, vacuum cleaner) all heck breaks loose.

Our female, Banks was a mouthy beeotch.... barked at everything and anything that got in her line of sight just making sure you knew she was there to be reckoned with

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
I have 4 bulldogs and when they bark i have learned which one is barking and if i should check things out based on the bark.. sounds funny i know my husband says the same thing , but only one of them is our true guard dog.. if she barks during the night my husband jumps up and is checking things out.. the other 3 don't usually bark unless they are playing and one has something that the other one wants... yeah, they are just like kids... i say better then kids because i can put them in a kennel (which i don't do ) but its legal.. i think it wouldn't be so much if you put a kid in a kennel and leave.. lol.. no, in case you were wondering i don't have human kids.. lol.. 249909_1830404438897_2396957_n.jpg Abbey our guard dog.. i think its because her ears stick up and she hears better.. lol

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I've noticed Bass barking a lot more than usual lately (he's two). He didn't bark much at all during the puppy/toddler months, so this is just weird.
Sometimes it's at the front door - but no-one is there and lately it's almost every time my hubby "settles down" for the evening…Bass will grab his tire, give him that certain "stare" and bark - and bark - and bark :chapped: I'm thinking it's more of an attention, I miss you, play w/me NOW thing, but it's bazaar…he never used to do this.

SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
This must be an epidemic! Spartacus has recently started barking a lot too all of a sudden. Be would bark at the blender when I would make my smoothie, the vacuum cleaner, the usual things that a dog would normally bark at around the house or people passing by. But now, this is getting a little out of hand. He recently started barking when I would go to bed. Now, I work the "graveyard" shift, so, I really need my sleep. This is when he finds it to be the perfect time to go on a barking rampage.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Ok guys well thanks for that I guess it just happens I just thought it was odd for it to suddenly start when a dog normally didn't bark but we all change so I suppose they are the same.
Again thanks for the support :) much appreciated.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
[MENTION=14945]SoxMunkey[/MENTION] <- I LOVE that name…we always use "the birthday monkey" as a phrase around here when it's one of the girls' b-days…and total Sox fans (Red, not White lol). So Sox and Munkeys are a plus :cool2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.