Help Needed! paper training out of pen

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
My 12 wk old izzy is paper trained in her pen..but when i take her out to play..she pees on the carpet or anywhere else but the paper that I have down..any advise on what to do? Thanks!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hi Nancy and Brian,
I've read and commented on your other posts too, I'm sorry you are struggling w/potty training, it can be tedious, but well worth the extra time, care and effort that you put in…This part of training requires a great deal of constant attention. Pick one method that you like best and stick with it. Consistency is key!

Catch her in the act, immediately put her on a paper directly by the door every time w/a goal of making it out the door before she "goes". Watch for the signs that she is about to "go" and run for the door.

How often are you taking her outside to go? Are you doing the reward training once she goes? As long as there are no medical issues, she should be taking this all in and she will eventually try to get to the door when she feels the urge, or give you "the look". Hang in there, keep up the patience with Izzy - it will get better! If you are still struggling in a few weeks, maybe consider having a trainer come in and work with her, but I am pretty confident that if you stick to a regular routine, she will get the hang of it. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Nancy and Brian,
I've read and commented on your other posts too, I'm sorry you are struggling w/potty training, it can be tedious, but well worth the extra time, care and effort that you put in…This part of training requires a great deal of constant attention. Pick one method that you like best and stick with it. Consistency is key!

Catch her in the act, immediately put her on a paper directly by the door every time w/a goal of making it out the door before she "goes". Watch for the signs that she is about to "go" and run for the door.

How often are you taking her outside to go? Are you doing the reward training once she goes? As long as there are no medical issues, she should be taking this all in and she will eventually try to get to the door when she feels the urge, or give you "the look". Hang in there, keep up the patience with Izzy - it will get better! If you are still struggling in a few weeks, maybe consider having a trainer come in and work with her, but I am pretty confident that if you stick to a regular routine, she will get the hang of it. :yes:

Yes -- consistency and schedule, schedule, schedule are everything!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online