Real Name
    Nancy-Brian
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
    Likes (Received)

Question paper training out of pen

My 12 wk old izzy is paper trained in her pen..but when i take her out to play..she pees on the carpet or anywhere else but the paper that I have down..any advise on what to do? Thanks!

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: paper training out of pen

Hi Nancy and Brian,
    I've read and commented on your other posts too, I'm sorry you are struggling w/potty training, it can be tedious, but well worth the extra time, care and effort that you put in…This part of training requires a great deal of constant attention. Pick one method that you like best and stick with it. Consistency is key!

Catch her in the act, immediately put her on a paper directly by the door every time w/a goal of making it out the door before she "goes". Watch for the signs that she is about to "go" and run for the door.

How often are you taking her outside to go? Are you doing the reward training once she goes? As long as there are no medical issues, she should be taking this all in and she will eventually try to get to the door when she feels the urge, or give you "the look". Hang in there, keep up the patience with Izzy - it will get better! If you are still struggling in a few weeks, maybe consider having a trainer come in and work with her, but I am pretty confident that if you stick to a regular routine, she will get the hang of it.

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: paper training out of pen

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Hi Nancy and Brian,
    I've read and commented on your other posts too, I'm sorry you are struggling w/potty training, it can be tedious, but well worth the extra time, care and effort that you put in…This part of training requires a great deal of constant attention. Pick one method that you like best and stick with it. Consistency is key!

Catch her in the act, immediately put her on a paper directly by the door every time w/a goal of making it out the door before she "goes". Watch for the signs that she is about to "go" and run for the door.

How often are you taking her outside to go? Are you doing the reward training once she goes? As long as there are no medical issues, she should be taking this all in and she will eventually try to get to the door when she feels the urge, or give you "the look". Hang in there, keep up the patience with Izzy - it will get better! If you are still struggling in a few weeks, maybe consider having a trainer come in and work with her, but I am pretty confident that if you stick to a regular routine, she will get the hang of it.
    Yes -- consistency and schedule, schedule, schedule are everything!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads