Puppy Sisters Fighting

BulldogBabies

Nov 20, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Whitney and Princess Abigail
Hi, I am new to this forum; a new mom to TWO 14 wk old sisters. They fight, a lot. They bite, a lot. My husband and I are wondering what to do! They do better when they are separate, or sleeping. :) Your post gives me hope that it can get better. We have 3 other dogs, all English Mastiffs, and the bulldogs seem to do OK with them for the most part. I'd take all advice and comments because we are new to bulldogs and want these beauties to be safe and happy. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... I moved your question to it's own thread so you would get more responses and I also tagged some members with 2 females that may be able to help

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15101]BulldogBabies[/MENTION] :welcome3: to EBN!! When you say your babies are fighting-are they playing/fighting, or do they seam angry? I've had two or three pups at a time,
and they were always carrying on! It was playing(though it can sound rough). Sometimes they can not know to quit,and then they get overtired,just like children. If they don't quit on their own,after awhile-then it's "naptime!" You have got to seperate them when they get too wound. Mine are grown now, and they don't play much,but have an occasional fight(over a toy) because one of them is selfish.I tell them NO FIGHTING,and it usually stops,once in awhile I have to actually pull them apart-but not too often. You also have to be VERY diligent and not allow them to bite you. They will be teething now and English Bulldogs are the most "sharky" pups I have ever had! You have got to stick with it,there is light at the end of the tunnel-but it is up to you to keep at it,and teach them to play nice,and not to bite you.
If they are 14 weeks, and you just got them-it will be harder because they probably had no boundries-stay with it,if they seem angry,not playing tell them no fighting,and put them up for a nap.I allowed mine to wrestle and play and growl-but there IS a difference in playing or fighting(angry) Hope this helps!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I also got brother/sister puppies. We brought Lockjaw home when he was 7 weeks, then went back on picked Penny up when she was 13 weeks. YES, they fight (played) ALOT! it sounds much worse that what it is. But yes, I agree, they need to be seperated from time to time. They are 6 1/2 months old now. they still play and "ruff" house, but they dont bite eachother as much. Lockjaw likes to nibble on Penny's ear and Penny likes to take his toys away and nip at his back legs. LOL - but they also lay down with one another much more now, and show affection for one another rather than just fighting all of the time. As they get older they will calm down. I found that when they got really excited- take them outside for a walk, or let them run it out. When they come back in they are more settled. GOOD LUCK!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pups will play fight and sometimes the get loud. It is normal for them to play hard. It's up to you when they get too loud, give them a time out in their crate for a nap. They are like skin kids, when they get tired, they get crazy.

OP
B

BulldogBabies

Nov 20, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Whitney and Princess Abigail
Thank you for the message, and for moving this to a place where others would see it. I did receive a couple of replies after you moved it. :) Things seem to be getting better, but I think it is because we have learned to separate them before things get out of hand. I'm currently trying to find my post so I can reply to someone who offered a lot of advice and also gave me a couple of questions. Wish me luck! :) Thanks again!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.