Help Needed! New issues w/the Wallygator...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I caught Marcus hitting him the other day, and normally I'm so on top of that kind of stuff… it happened RIGHT in front of me. Ugh… so many things happening at one time :(

Just a thought that if he did that in front of you, could it be that he is capable to do something worse, when nobody is around. Like for example frightening him when he was asleep. I hate to think this, but can't help it. My hubbies brothers son is not to be trusted alone with my boys. Hope you find out soon the cause and find a cure. These thing hardly ever go away by themselves, quite the opposite, they get worse.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi Tracey, We are having similar issues with Bentley. My little guy lunges periodically when my better half goes to give him a kiss good bye when leaving for work. I or my wife will give him the commands to sit and then watch me to get his attention. In other times an for some strange odd reason, Bentley gets fixated on something and does not respond to commands until I go over to him and again give the aforementioned commands. You can tell when he is fixated because his tongue quivers basically like a snakes tongue checking out its surroundings. Strange it is. I attribute his behavior to his first 8 months of being in a crate or kennel as the poor guy did not have any socialization skills at all. He has been a work in progress for the past 16 months and as @2BullyMama stated...it is back to basics. We love our Bentley so and would not trade him for anything.

Thanks for mentioning the Adaptil. We may give it a try and see how it goes.

I will add another Chapter to Wally's book entitled "Wally the Lunger." (just kidding...trying to add some levity...I hope he grows out of it soon).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hi Tracey [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Certainly Wally is feeling the stress at your home. I have never had this problem with any dog(so far), but in reading on here, it seems that when ever someone's dog has acted out like this,it is always a dog that is allowed on the furniture(higher up)-unless it was a rescue. They see themselves as the alpha,and he is at the age when he is testing again. Could also be that Marcus has annoyed him while he was sleeping. My aunt had a cat that suddenly went bonkers,when she had alot of stress going on at her house. She went from a sweet cat, to one she couldn't even pet. Her vet recommended the pheramone, and it worked wonders for the cat(and my aunt). I am hoping that this will all be well with Wally. Might get a collar for Marcus,too! Seriously praying that all will be well. I think the collar will be the answer,during this temporary stage.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have never heard of the collar either but am interested how it works maybe this is something that would work for Ftse when going to the vets or am I thinking its something that its not. maybe Marcus has done something when he has been asleep as I have to watch Amira with Ftse as she can be very cruel to him apparently I think her and her brothers are mean to their dog and Mum says nothing so she thinks its ok and lets face it they remember just like we do.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just a thought that if he did that in front of you, could it be that he is capable to do something worse, when nobody is around. Like for example frightening him when he was asleep. I hate to think this, but can't help it. My hubbies brothers son is not to be trusted alone with my boys. Hope you find out soon the cause and find a cure. These thing hardly ever go away by themselves, quite the opposite, they get worse.

Oh I agree ABSOLUTELY… Marcus is 4 years old, and you know kids that age are notorious for acting out even though they KNOW better. He's testing the waters too…

I'm pretty anal about staying w/him when he's w/Walter, but I can't be everywhere 24/7 unfortunately.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi Tracey @ddnene Certainly Wally is feeling the stress at your home. I have never had this problem with any dog(so far), but in reading on here, it seems that when ever someone's dog has acted out like this,it is always a dog that is allowed on the furniture(higher up)-unless it was a rescue. They see themselves as the alpha,and he is at the age when he is testing again. Could also be that Marcus has annoyed him while he was sleeping. My aunt had a cat that suddenly went bonkers,when she had alot of stress going on at her house. She went from a sweet cat, to one she couldn't even pet. Her vet recommended the pheramone, and it worked wonders for the cat(and my aunt). I am hoping that this will all be well with Wally. Might get a collar for Marcus,too! Seriously praying that all will be well. I think the collar will be the answer,during this temporary stage.

You KNOW it's funny that you mentioned the furniture situation… we allowed Winston on the furniture, but of course we lost him as soon as he turned a year old. Wally is the FIRST dog that I have allowed to get on the couch/chair… we have never had aggression issues w/our other pets. I don't allow animals to sleep in the bed w/us, but WOW I'm really wondering if you are on to something here. Marcus may need a choke collar if he keeps acting up… LMAO!!! :rofl:

Lynn once again YOUR advice is always SPOT ON… as always!!! :drawheart:

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
ya know as i was reading this it made me think of something my abbey did here a while back... she has NEVER shown any signs of aggression to anyone, she can get a little mean to one of the other dogs if they try to take her toy, but as far as people go never... UNTIL.. the grandkids came over.. i always put the dogs up when they are here but they happened to stop one day unannounced and the dogs were out.. i put them all up (4) except for abbey because she was somewhere in the house and i figured since she was the smallest that she would be fine. but as i was paying attention to the grand kids she lunged towards the youngest one, hes only 2, and at first i thought it was one of the little yorkie dogs we have that was standing behind our grandson so i corrected her and though i should put her up anyway.. then a week or so later they came over while dog were outside playing and we all went out and i seen her do it again.. luckly she stops before she makes any contact, like its just a warning that your getting to close to me or something.. i was really shocked at her behavior and when i said NO to her she immediately lowered her head and acted like she was sorry, or sorry she got caught,.. but i can not understand why she does this.. it was to she same little boy, the 2 year old.. he is in terrible two stage, but that's a whole different story and website.. lol.. i thought maybe he has hit her or something, because his parents let it happen at their house, again, another story, but we do not let it happen at our house and we will correct them when we see any sign of it... i think kids need taught how to behave around animals just the same as adults.. maybe i am old fashion because some people don't agree with me.. anywho... sorry about the rattling on but i'm thinking maybe my abbey didn't like not having the attention with her.. hope you can figure out what it may be soon.. love these furbabies just like our children..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh I agree ABSOLUTELY… Marcus is 4 years old, and you know kids that age are notorious for acting out even though they KNOW better. He's testing the waters too…

I'm pretty anal about staying w/him when he's w/Walter, but I can't be everywhere 24/7 unfortunately.

Miska's brothers kid is the same age and I caught him hitting Usko's cage with both hands, Usko in it of course. Another time he was about to teas the boys with a stuffed toy, just a few minutes after I told him not to bring toys to the room where the boys are. That could off ended up in disaster since the boys are very jealouse of toys. So when he visits I rather keep the guys in a separate room or watch him like a hawk. He is not evel or enything, but he also doesn't listen and is testing everything that is said to him.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ya know as i was reading this it made me think of something my abbey did here a while back... she has NEVER shown any signs of aggression to anyone, she can get a little mean to one of the other dogs if they try to take her toy, but as far as people go never... UNTIL.. the grandkids came over.. i always put the dogs up when they are here but they happened to stop one day unannounced and the dogs were out.. i put them all up (4) except for abbey because she was somewhere in the house and i figured since she was the smallest that she would be fine. but as i was paying attention to the grand kids she lunged towards the youngest one, hes only 2, and at first i thought it was one of the little yorkie dogs we have that was standing behind our grandson so i corrected her and though i should put her up anyway.. then a week or so later they came over while dog were outside playing and we all went out and i seen her do it again.. luckly she stops before she makes any contact, like its just a warning that your getting to close to me or something.. i was really shocked at her behavior and when i said NO to her she immediately lowered her head and acted like she was sorry, or sorry she got caught,.. but i can not understand why she does this.. it was to she same little boy, the 2 year old.. he is in terrible two stage, but that's a whole different story and website.. lol.. i thought maybe he has hit her or something, because his parents let it happen at their house, again, another story, but we do not let it happen at our house and we will correct them when we see any sign of it... i think kids need taught how to behave around animals just the same as adults.. maybe i am old fashion because some people don't agree with me.. anywho... sorry about the rattling on but i'm thinking maybe my abbey didn't like not having the attention with her.. hope you can figure out what it may be soon.. love these furbabies just like our children..

Our home situation has changed… Marcus used to be over at our house a couple of times a week, to NOW full-time living in our house. To make matters worse he was ALLOWED to act inappropriately IMO w/the dogs at his other house. SO every time he was over at OUR house I had to constantly correct his behavior. I say this over and over… people are f'ing idiots if they expect dogs to put up w/kids that are aggressive towards them :angry:

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree.. sometimes i can't blame an animal if they bite.. its not aggression its protection for themselves.. there are alot of f'in idiots.. and its unfortunately in my house at times, because the kids are step kids so it makes it hard to keep my mouth shut.. except when it comes to my dogs.. i don't care who i piss off... truth hurts then so be it.. they can raise their children however they please and i will not judge but when its in my house and my dogs or even someone elses, i will correct child, or adult.. sad sometimes how kids are being raised today... sorry, almost lost control again and vented.. lol..

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
i think dogs can sense who is mean and not.. i put mine up when kids are around just in case.. kids now days are different then when i was a kid.. i won't go there.. lol

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm sorry to hear this Tracey :( I don't really have any advice... Frasier that we rescued would launch at us when he felt threatened. He did it towards my husband in the car and towards me once when I touched the bed he was laying on. I know he came from a troubled place, I'm pretty sure he was beaten.

But on the other hand the Jack Russel I had long ago in Sweden would go absolutely crazy if he got disturbed while sleeping and as far as I know nothing ever happened to him.

Joey had some level of aggression caused by her hip dysplasia but she never showed anything against humans.

I hope the collar will work <3

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] How are things going with Wally?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene How are things going with Wally?

My trainer Leah came over last night & worked for him over an hour… she believes his issues are behavioral, and she suggested having him neutered & back to basics training. I'm seriously stressed out about it…

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.