brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi tracey, sorry I am reading this so late. I also think time will take care of the problem. Also, If Owen is being too much you can give him a little nap and let MooShi have some quiet time alone. Brutus had a really hard time accepting our rescue Frankie. they are both adult dogs and we made it work with a very very slow intergration. Brutus will have a moment every now and then, but I just remind him that he needs to be nice or its nap time in his crate.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=1251]Tracey[/MENTION] I remember when [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] got her rescue Frankie. She had a hard go, but with patience,and time,she did a great job of getting her boy Brutus to accept Frankie. Your dogs will wind up being best friends. Just make sure that MooShi gets the same attention as she always did, and as mentioned, give her some time to herself too. You'll see that things will work out. Time is your friend.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks Lynn and Rosalie, I am hopeful for that day. It's encouraging to hear other people's stories!

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I went thru this a year ago. No growling or aggression though.
The sexes were reversed too. Older boy meets baby girl, so it was easier on us.

Try this. Sit next to your girl while patting her and call the pup to you.
This shows that you care about your older one and it gives her the confidence.
When the pup comes over don't reach out (believe me it is damn hard not to). Let the scene unfold.
If the pup is nips at the older one, issue a warning to the pup that such behavior will not be tolerated.

Feed the older one first or even better; ready the bowls, set the bowl for the older one first; wait 30 seconds and set the little bowl down.
To the left and right of you and be there while they finish. Neither should even think of tasting what is in the other's bowl
Once the little one is 4 months old, let him figure it out. There will be a few fights, hopefully short lived.

My EB is 13 months old and still drives my 5 1/2 year Boxer nuts by literally "bull-baiting" his heels.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.