Accepting new puppy?

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
So it's going on 3 weeks since we got Owen , MooShi is less than thrilled about her baby brother.At first she just ran away from him now she turns and growls at him when comes near her .If she is up on a chair and he try's getting to her and barking she turns her face from him.She has not bit him but it still makes me uneasy when she snarles at him.I understand he is a right I your face brat and MooShi has really only been in contact w other dogs threw our fence in backyard but is there anything I can do to get them to enjoy each others company,any advice would be appreciated.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag some people that may be able to advice… I introduced a puppy to my boxer girl, but she was extremely submissive and we didn't have issues. I would just make sure to lock up Wally at times in his crate to give Roxie a break…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
have you been able to take them on walks at all..... how old are they?

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
MooShi is 6 and Owen is now 11 weeks. Have not been able to walk them because Owen does not have all his shots yet.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
MooShi is 6 and Owen is now 11 weeks. Have not been able to walk them because Owen does not have all his shots yet.

OK.... makes sense. How are you feeding them? does Mooshi eat first then Owen or are they fed at same time? It did take Cheli about 3 weeks to accept Lambeau when we brought him home.... did a lot of the same things, back turning, leaving the room, grumbles (not a growl, just a protest).

When mooshi is growling/snarling.... are her teeth actually being displayed?

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
No her teeth are not showing, we feed them separately. Try to feed MooShi first but sometimes at the same time.We put him in a play pen enclosure.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No her teeth are not showing, we feed them separately. Try to feed MooShi first but sometimes at the same time.We put him in a play pen enclosure.

Ok, good on the no teeth. seems she is just annoyed by him at this point. Our Banks was like this with Cheli when we first got him and it took about 5-6 weeks for her to accept him... she would grumble at him and move away or give him a warning to leave her be --- try not to force it and let it happen on her terms, for now. once Owen is up to date on shots, get them out for walks together, even just to a corner and back, it helps them pack up

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks for advice Christine , will give it a try.My husband is worried they will never get along, and that MooShi is sad and jealous now .

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for advice Christine , will give it a try.My husband is worried they will never get along, and that MooShi is sad and jealous now .

She is just being a beeotchy little girl, she will come around - she is just trying to convince herself that it is her decision to like him :D

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
She def can be queen beeotch , just kick myself in the a** for not socializing her more. Like I mentioned before , her only interaction w other dogs was threw a fence w my neighbors pit bulls . She is fine w them , but I don't even no if she knows how to play w other dogs .

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She def can be queen beeotch , just kick myself in the a** for not socializing her more. Like I mentioned before , her only interaction w other dogs was threw a fence w my neighbors pit bulls . She is fine w them , but I don't even no if she knows how to play w other dogs .

give her time.... since he is a baby she will come around..... she would most likely never accept an older dog (like over 6 mths of age) in her home. She is fine with the Ptties because they are NOT in her yard, bring them over and it would be a totally different situation

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Ya that's true, I will give them there time . Neither one is going anywhere, so have plenty of It lol.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
In a couple of weeks they will be besties and play time will begin and your home will become a huge play zone Ahh life has returned in full swing. Walking together will help a lot . Wishing you the best and a bit jealous wish Chance had a playmate / sibling
:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.