Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table manners (or sometimes couch manners)

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Table manners (or sometimes couch manners)

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Rosie is learning (13 weeks old ) on this topic
    All of the other hoards get one little tiny taste , now this is on the couch , they are not aloud in the dinning room when we eat, looks like a wall of dogs there at the door but tough .
    If i am on the couch or The Prettyone and say were having chips and chip dip , they all get one chip NO dip , and that's it and once a day not that we sit on the couch multiple times a day eating chips and dip at different times of said Day . All the older dogs at this point go away and do there stuff , No one is on the couch during this time not aloud , there on the floor sitting slobbering all over the front of the couch that's another story !
    If one of My dogs jumped on the couch and stole the whole bag of chips and took off not cool and POOP would hit the fan , there pretty good that has never occurred tho, but we have a one chip or what ever policy .
    Your post is making me laugh so hard, Nat! I just get a vision of one of your dogs snagging a whole bag of chips and running away with it! My dogs will steal any food whatsoever that is left where they can reach it. If I am sitting on the couch eating something and have to get up for some reason, I'd better take the food with me or it will be gone when I get back. Like I said, you are a good leader of the pack--me, not so much!

2. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    he is only young thou isn't he? Ftse is 4 in two weeks and he free roam too
    murray will be 7 months on the 28th

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Your post is making me laugh so hard, Nat! I just get a vision of one of your dogs snagging a whole bag of chips and running away with it! My dogs will steal any food whatsoever that is left where they can reach it. If I am sitting on the couch eating something and have to get up for some reason, I'd better take the food with me or it will be gone when I get back. Like I said, you are a good leader of the pack--me, not so much!
    When we first got Odin again a save he survived on dumping the garbage and we still have issues now with that getting better but I do not I will ever stop that he survived that way and it is a huge mess when he does get into it . lol He looks soooooo guilty when he does something wrong I mean a pure giveaway . All the others are truly great no issues lol. I have the time with them and as i was always a people watcher now I am a lol Dog watcher I really do watch them all the time another reason i take sooo many pics I always have the camera with Me . Rosie goes for her final shots today so i can finally start that part of the fun and take her places with me I am so looking forward to that as will Odin it means more drives into town and the waterfront parks
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I don't give my dogs handouts when I am eating-so they don't even think of it. When my husband was here,he gave them handouts,while we were eating, and they all sat around his chair, but never around mine! BUT if I drop a pin(example) in the kitchen,they come running! Good hearing when they want to.
    Thats funny lol ours are in the kitchen too it is the onlt time they come when called if I am in the kitchen lol
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Well I have banned eating in the living room. Brutus is food aggressive and sometimes he is good and would ignore if we ate on the couch and sometimes he was not good and would growl at the other dogs backing them up away from the couch. I felt this was unfair to Brutus and stopped any eating anywhere except the table. Brutus is so cute though, he even gets stupid if he can smell the food, so at dinner time, when we sit down to eat, he puts himself in his crate and will wait for us to finish before he comes out. I love him to bits! Frankie will just lay under the table, he know he will not get any human food and will not beg.
    My smooshy face boy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads