Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Peeing in Crate

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I thought UTI too.... good luck with potty training and your surgery .... hope all goes well
    Thank you! We took her to the vet today for her shots and they said it sounds like it prob is a uti and gave her some antibiotics to take so we'll see if it starts getting better over the next few days!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes 2BullyMama, Cali Doll liked this post
    Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone! So Pippen is almost 4 months old now! She was still having accidents after taking the amoxicillin so the vet did a urine culture a few weeks ago and found she still had a UTI and the bacteria was resistant to that antibiotic so put her on Baytril instead. She finished that about a week ago and was doing really good at first but has been having a few more accidents lately...

What's weird is that she will sleep through the whole night in her crate without any accidents but when I put her in the crate during the day and go let her out after a few hours she has peed on herself in the crate like she was doing before She's also had a few accidents around the house lately but has been a lot better about going to the door when she has to go. And I can tell a lot of times she is holding it since she will run outside to go! Also, she "dribbles" a lot. Like if I hold her or have her on my lap there will be little pee spots after she gets up.

Could this be that the UTI didn't fully go away? What concerns me is her peeing in her crate while she is sleeping (I think) and not even caring about it. Could it possibly be something other than a UTI??

Here is an updated pic of the little cutie too

4. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Could be…sounds suspicious that the infection is reoccurring…did they test her for bladder stones?
    BTW…she is SO stinking CUTE!!!!

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Could be…sounds suspicious that the infection is reoccurring…did they test her for bladder stones?
    BTW…she is SO stinking CUTE!!!!
    Hmm I'm not sure...I would think they would've tested for that too but they never mentioned anything. I'm hoping it's just still potty training related because the Baytril antibiotic is pretty strong and I'd hate to have to keep giving her that

Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure...I would think they would've tested for that too but they never mentioned anything. I'm hoping it's just still potty training related because the Baytril antibiotic is pretty strong and I'd hate to have to keep giving her that

It could be that she's just potty training, she's still pretty young. How often are you bringing her out to pee - and how often after she's back in is she having an accident?

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Default Peeing in Crate

@Laurie Yea that's what I'm hoping...during the day I will usually leave her in there for a couple hours at a time and she pretty much sleeps the whole time but when I let her out, her whole behind area and blanket are wet. So I'm not sure if she's going in her sleep or maybe dribbling some in her sleep...it's just so crazy to me since she will hold it ALL night without an accident but is the complete opposite during the day!! I asked the vet and he said it could be she's drinking too much water...we've "tried" limiting her water but she looooves to drink and I hate her not having any water if she's thirsty. That's the only other thing I can think of is at night we don't leave any water in her crate but do have a little bit in during the day.

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Mine just turned 7 months and I want to say have really only gotten a hang of potty training for the last month or so. They held it through the night first, but still had accidents during the day while we were gone. When we are home, they are usually really good with going to the door. I had to bell train bc they would just stand by the door- no barking or anything. But I do notice then one of them are mad or jealous- they pee. When Penny had her surgery, Lockjaw got jealous that I was holdi her all day and pooped in my living room! He has only pooped in the house 1 time and that was the first day I brought him home at 7 weeks! So it may just be an attention getter if she's doing it during the day and your home with her.
    Poor girl! I hope it gets better for you sooner rather than later. She's such a sweet little girl!
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs View Post
    @Laurie Yea that's what I'm hoping...during the day I will usually leave her in there for a couple hours at a time and she pretty much sleeps the whole time but when I let her out, her whole behind area and blanket are wet. So I'm not sure if she's going in her sleep or maybe dribbling some in her sleep...it's just so crazy to me since she will hold it ALL night without an accident but is the complete opposite during the day!! I asked the vet and he said it could be she's drinking too much water...we've "tried" limiting her water but she looooves to drink and I hate her not having any water if she's thirsty. That's the only other thing I can think of is at night we don't leave any water in her crate but do have a little bit in during the day.

I think at this point I would start keeping a journal of exact times she goes out, how much water intake, time frame of accidents, feeding times ect…if you bring her out every 3 hours, start bringing her out every 2 hours (during the day). She's right in-between that 12-16 week/4month+ potty training stage. At your next vet appt. you can bring the journal so the vet has a better idea as to whether it is bladder control or symptoms of infection and stones. They will probably culture her just to be on the safe side, as a precautionary follow-up to her last uti. Hang in there, she's still so little. I tend to worry at limiting water in-take w/this breed, but you said she drinks a lot - so it could be too much water and a puppy bladder…when is she due to go back to her vet?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Gosh, I wish I could help with the potty issues, but I have zero experience with pups. I just could not keep moving without saying how stinkin adorabullllll she is. I just love her coloring, seriously I need to meet her and Barkely one day!!!!

Maybe @Davidh could offer up some help

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I think at this point I would start keeping a journal of exact times she goes out, how much water intake, time frame of accidents, feeding times ect…if you bring her out every 3 hours, start bringing her out every 2 hours (during the day). She's right in-between that 12-16 week/4month+ potty training stage. At your next vet appt. you can bring the journal so the vet has a better idea as to whether it is bladder control or symptoms of infection and stones. They will probably culture her just to be on the safe side, as a precautionary follow-up to her last uti. Hang in there, she's still so little. I tend to worry at limiting water in-take w/this breed, but you said she drinks a lot - so it could be too much water and a puppy bladder…when is she due to go back to her vet?
    That's a good idea, I'll have to try and start doing that! She actually just went back to the vet last week to get her last shots but was doing better then so we didn't really have much to say about it. But if it's still happening after a few weeks we will have to take her back to get another culture done to be on the safe side! I fill her water bowl up a good amount in the morning and let her drink and let her out frequently after then will leave at least a little bit of water in the rest of the day...but if her bowl is empty she goes over to our other bully's crate and starts guzzling his water!!

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Mine just turned 7 months and I want to say have really only gotten a hang of potty training for the last month or so. They held it through the night first, but still had accidents during the day while we were gone. When we are home, they are usually really good with going to the door. I had to bell train bc they would just stand by the door- no barking or anything. But I do notice then one of them are mad or jealous- they pee. When Penny had her surgery, Lockjaw got jealous that I was holdi her all day and pooped in my living room! He has only pooped in the house 1 time and that was the first day I brought him home at 7 weeks! So it may just be an attention getter if she's doing it during the day and your home with her.
    Poor girl! I hope it gets better for you sooner rather than later. She's such a sweet little girl!
    Yea she will just stand by the door too but we've been keeping a close eye on her and can see the backdoor from almost everywhere downstairs so usually know when she has to go out. I told my husband I thought it could be the attention thing too! I work from home so am home all day but can't keep an eye on her the whole time plus want to make sure she is crate trained right. So sometimes I do feel like it could be she is upset with being put in while I'm still at home...she will go lay in our other bully's crate sometimes and I don't think she pees in there. I'll have to pay more attention to that and to if she does it any when we leave the house!

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Gosh, I wish I could help with the potty issues, but I have zero experience with pups. I just could not keep moving without saying how stinkin adorabullllll she is. I just love her coloring, seriously I need to meet her and Barkely one day!!!!

Maybe @Davidh could offer up some help
    Awww thank you!! I know, hopefully there will be some more meetups scheduled soon that we can make it out to and all meet!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads