Help Needed! Raising 2 female litter mate English bulldogs

tammilynn

Sep 25, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Freyja and Zuri
12046927_10207564746573596_6583110344155521838_n.jpgHi everyone! I am new to this site and looking for some helpful tips on raising female litter mate English bulldogs. These adorable ladies are our first family pet. We have had them for one week now and they are almost 10 weeks old. As I google, I get a lot of info regarding raising litter mates and sometimes it scares me a little. I would like to hear from people that have actually done this before or at least know someone that does (because sometimes google is not always good, because they say to re-home one and that is just not an option, duh! ;) ). Any information would be helpful and very much appreciated. I will try and post pics later :)
Thanks in advance everyone :)

Last edited:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I don't have any advice but it must be so cute and fun (and equally exhausting) with two! Ee!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
They are gorgeous! I also have no advice, as I have only one crazy girl. :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome [MENTION=14853]tammilynn[/MENTION] I have never "googled" anything about raising littermates. I don't know what the big deal is, except if you have brother and sister, and were planning to breed them!:no: I have raised many puppies,either littermates, or a pup(s) with grown dogs. Of course raising two is sometimes twice as much work, but it also has it's benefits. You have a lot less puppy biting problems,as they play and wrestle with each other, or the other dogs. They still will get you occasionally, and usually go through a stage when they are after your shoes, when you walk. They have a playmate, so they don't get into trouble as much-but you still have to always watch them and see what they are up to-cause if one gets a "bad" idea,then it is two bad ideas! Bulldogs, more than any love to swallow things, so never give them any toys that they can chew up and get pieces of. If you have children-be very careful about socks,or anything dogs can swallow. It is easier to house train them, if you take them out one at a time, until they go, or else they will just play. You will enjoy watching them play-and they do play rough. Just like kids, if they won't quit, and get overtired, they may
start to get angry and then it's time for a nap! There are many benefits to raising two. Enjoy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Two females of any breed can be a challenege so be sure to set limits and they know you are alpha..... use 'Nothing in Life is free' to help establish this with them... they work for everything and they will know shortly you control food and will follow your lead.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.