Help Needed! Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, I wholeheartedly support your decision. I absolutely know how terrible you feel about it and I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is great that your friend has agreed to take her. And she will more than likely do great there with a couple of boys. And you will be able to keep in touch. This is better than having to put her into rescue. I found a similar situation for Annie, and I know that she is well loved and well taken care of and happy as can be. We also put Annie in her new family for a trial period, but they knew they would keep her after a couple of days.

I know how awful it is to have that tension in your house. Our animals are supposed to enrich our lives and we should enrich theirs. That just can't happen when you have two females that want to kill each other. And, of course, the injuries can be serious to dogs and people!

I think you're doing the best thing for your family and your girls. It will be sad, but in the long run everyone will be happier. Lots of hugs to you--you're very brave!

OP
Tina Ramos

Tina Ramos

Feb 10, 2014
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Well, I wholeheartedly support your decision. I absolutely know how terrible you feel about it and I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is great that your friend has agreed to take her. And she will more than likely do great there with a couple of boys. And you will be able to keep in touch. This is better than having to put her into rescue. I found a similar situation for Annie, and I know that she is well loved and well taken care of and happy as can be. We also put Annie in her new family for a trial period, but they knew they would keep her after a couple of days.

I know how awful it is to have that tension in your house. Our animals are supposed to enrich our lives and we should enrich theirs. That just can't happen when you have two females that want to kill each other. And, of course, the injuries can be serious to dogs and people!

I think you're doing the best thing for your family and your girls. It will be sad, but in the long run everyone will be happier. Lots of hugs to you--you're very brave!

Donna, thank you...I don't think I'm brave, just doing what's best for my girls. It sucks...but I know she'll be looked after and cared for as if she was with me and the only dog. I love her to pieces...and don't want any more harm to come to her.

Thank you for your support and understanding - it helps tremendously to know that others have been in this situation and the outcome has been good.

I love my dogs dearly, but don't want to endure swapping them around in crates to manage their interaction...it doesn't do much to lower the tension in the home - and while some may thing this is giving up...I'd rather think it's be giving her the gift of being at ease and happy with a friend of mine - rather than stressed out at home with me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Donna, thank you...I don't think I'm brave, just doing what's best for my girls. It sucks...but I know she'll be looked after and cared for as if she was with me and the only dog. I love her to pieces...and don't want any more harm to come to her.

Thank you for your support and understanding - it helps tremendously to know that others have been in this situation and the outcome has been good.

I love my dogs dearly, but don't want to endure swapping them around in crates to manage their interaction...it doesn't do much to lower the tension in the home - and while some may thing this is giving up...I'd rather think it's be giving her the gift of being at ease and happy with a friend of mine - rather than stressed out at home with me.

Best of luck --- please keep us posted.... sometimes making the hardest decision as much as it hurts, it comes to be the right one for all (((HUGS)))

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Tina, I really feel for you having been through it myself but truly believe you are making the best decision for all concerned. It's absolutely heartbreaking to have to give up a dog you love but you are showing just how much you love her by removing her from danger and to where she can relax and enjoy life. It is no fun for anyone always being on tenterhooks wondering when the next flare-up will be. It is wonderful that your friend can take her and you will still be able to see her. Please don't beat yourself up, this is no-ones fault, just two silly girls who don't see eye to eye.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.