Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20

Thread: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

  1. #13
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Tina, I support your decision 100%. You are doing what's best for the dogs, and in the end that is the best decision. You are fortunate to have a friend, someone you trust take her in, and that you'll likely be able to still get updates, pictures, etc on Kaida. I would be more reserved about it had Kaida needed to be put in a rescue or somewhere unfamiliar. But since she already knows the friend, has been there, etc. Its best. I hope this works out!

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  2. #14
    Newbie Tina Ramos's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    12
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kaida
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Tina, I support your decision 100%. You are doing what's best for the dogs, and in the end that is the best decision. You are fortunate to have a friend, someone you trust take her in, and that you'll likely be able to still get updates, pictures, etc on Kaida. I would be more reserved about it had Kaida needed to be put in a rescue or somewhere unfamiliar. But since she already knows the friend, has been there, etc. Its best. I hope this works out!
    Thank you so much for your support...I am definitely trying very hard to do what's best for the dogs...even though it breaks my heart to move Kaida to my friends' home. I want her to be happy and not under tension and stress where she is clearly unhappy in our home. She seems to have been telling me she's unhappy at our home for quite sometime by not interacting much with our other dogs or sitting alone in another room. She's always loved loved loved people (she even likes going to the vet's office)...but is pretty indifferent when it comes to other animals...as long as she's getting some attention from people she is happy. My hope is that putting her in a lower energy home...she'll relax.

    I am super happy to have the opportunity to place her with a friend that already thinks the world of her that Kaida is comfortable with also.

  3. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  4. #15
    The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    dalmatina38's Avatar
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Location
    Sierra Vista Arizona
    Posts
    1,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    My girls will fight in the same manner as you have explained and I got tired of it. So, now when they fight they both go directly to their crates and only get out to use the bathroom and eat. After a few times of this mine have stopped fighting to some degree. At first it was daily; Ruby will fight at the drop of a hat and even size the others up. As soon as the fight starts break them up (with a bucket of water or something to get their attention, don't stick your hands in the mix, i have a long sheepards staff I use) and put them in their kennels. It doesn't matter who started it; they don't like the kennels so after awhile even if Ruby would try to start a fight Amber would go directly under the table because she knew what was coming. If I see Ruby starting something I will only put her in her kennel and vice versa. Amber is no angel; she is bigger than Ruby and doesn't back down. Now we also have Austin back and he likes to grab ahold of Ruby and try to drag her around so she is getting a douse of her own medicine and doesn't like it. He too goes into the kennel; Ralph the great Dane is the only one who doesn't want to fight......hehe.......sometimes he is the only one with freedom and the others are all in their crates looking out at him......LOL!! Good luck!

  5. #16
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
    Posts
    1,437
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)
    940

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Well, I wholeheartedly support your decision. I absolutely know how terrible you feel about it and I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is great that your friend has agreed to take her. And she will more than likely do great there with a couple of boys. And you will be able to keep in touch. This is better than having to put her into rescue. I found a similar situation for Annie, and I know that she is well loved and well taken care of and happy as can be. We also put Annie in her new family for a trial period, but they knew they would keep her after a couple of days.

    I know how awful it is to have that tension in your house. Our animals are supposed to enrich our lives and we should enrich theirs. That just can't happen when you have two females that want to kill each other. And, of course, the injuries can be serious to dogs and people!

    I think you're doing the best thing for your family and your girls. It will be sad, but in the long run everyone will be happier. Lots of hugs to you--you're very brave!

  6. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  7. #17
    Newbie Tina Ramos's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    12
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kaida
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Well, I wholeheartedly support your decision. I absolutely know how terrible you feel about it and I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It is great that your friend has agreed to take her. And she will more than likely do great there with a couple of boys. And you will be able to keep in touch. This is better than having to put her into rescue. I found a similar situation for Annie, and I know that she is well loved and well taken care of and happy as can be. We also put Annie in her new family for a trial period, but they knew they would keep her after a couple of days.

    I know how awful it is to have that tension in your house. Our animals are supposed to enrich our lives and we should enrich theirs. That just can't happen when you have two females that want to kill each other. And, of course, the injuries can be serious to dogs and people!

    I think you're doing the best thing for your family and your girls. It will be sad, but in the long run everyone will be happier. Lots of hugs to you--you're very brave!
    Donna, thank you...I don't think I'm brave, just doing what's best for my girls. It sucks...but I know she'll be looked after and cared for as if she was with me and the only dog. I love her to pieces...and don't want any more harm to come to her.

    Thank you for your support and understanding - it helps tremendously to know that others have been in this situation and the outcome has been good.

    I love my dogs dearly, but don't want to endure swapping them around in crates to manage their interaction...it doesn't do much to lower the tension in the home - and while some may thing this is giving up...I'd rather think it's be giving her the gift of being at ease and happy with a friend of mine - rather than stressed out at home with me.

  8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  9. #18
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11467

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Quote Originally Posted by Tina Ramos View Post
    Donna, thank you...I don't think I'm brave, just doing what's best for my girls. It sucks...but I know she'll be looked after and cared for as if she was with me and the only dog. I love her to pieces...and don't want any more harm to come to her.

    Thank you for your support and understanding - it helps tremendously to know that others have been in this situation and the outcome has been good.

    I love my dogs dearly, but don't want to endure swapping them around in crates to manage their interaction...it doesn't do much to lower the tension in the home - and while some may thing this is giving up...I'd rather think it's be giving her the gift of being at ease and happy with a friend of mine - rather than stressed out at home with me.

    Best of luck --- please keep us posted.... sometimes making the hardest decision as much as it hurts, it comes to be the right one for all (((HUGS)))
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. Likes Tina Ramos liked this post
  11. #19
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,516
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)
    1761

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Tina, I really feel for you having been through it myself but truly believe you are making the best decision for all concerned. It's absolutely heartbreaking to have to give up a dog you love but you are showing just how much you love her by removing her from danger and to where she can relax and enjoy life. It is no fun for anyone always being on tenterhooks wondering when the next flare-up will be. It is wonderful that your friend can take her and you will still be able to see her. Please don't beat yourself up, this is no-ones fault, just two silly girls who don't see eye to eye.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

  12. Likes 2BullyMama, Tina Ramos liked this post
  13. #20
    Newbie Tina Ramos's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    12
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kaida
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default Re: Females fighting at home...Need some ideas on solutions...or advice, please

    Thank you all so much...

  14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •