Losing my mind!

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Please tell me this is just a phase! Archie is a year & a half old and he's obviously still very much a puppy so I definitely still expect puppy behaviors, but this past week has been insane! We take him for a walk every morning for 30-40 minutes and he's generally very content after that for much of the morning. My son & I are home with him for most of the day so he's not alone very much. This past week he is not settling at all. He's even more charged up after the walk and he's become destructive - attacking my area rugs and chewing underneath a chair in my living room. It's like he's regressed. I tried giving him more attention and playing fetch with him right after a walk, but that hasn't helped all that much. I am really hoping this is just a phase that will pass as quickly as it started because it's hard to enjoy him right now. It's just so incredibly frustrating to have him constantly running around the house & trying to chew things up. Ugh!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, going through a phase, so go back to basics with him, even restrict his area he can go to. Put a leash on him if you have to to keep him close to you so you can keep an eye on him. You might even have to crate him some. When he gets too crazy, give him a time out in his crate for a little while. This will pass, but takes time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Teenage phase.... As David stated, back to basics

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Just a thought - are you active at home is is the house quiet? Although Castor has not had phases like that, overall, he is more relaxed days when he's on his own for a couple of hours or with just me at home working by my desk. When we're all home and active in the house during weekends and holidays, he is not as relaxed. He loves having everyone at home but he sleeps less and I suppose such stress could lead to destructive behaviour.

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Charlie is the same at 5 months-every morning and night he gets a walk and comes home and loses it. I re-direct his energy with a toy or in the crate he goes...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have noticed that my Wally has been wilder than normal… I honestly think it's because of the weather. It's been in the 60s today, and he is a HAPPY camper (me too!!!).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.