7 month old puppy limping

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
my 7 month old puppy is limping. vet first thought strained or sprained a tendon. it has been over 3 weeks and she isn't any better with remidyl. xray show that possibility of ELBOW INCONGRUITY. Do you have any idea what this is.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
my 7 month old puppy is limping. vet first thought strained or sprained a tendon. it has been over 3 weeks and she isn't any better with remidyl. xray show that possibility of ELBOW INCONGRUITY. Do you have any idea what this is.

Hello - Have you kept her on restricted activity since the injury to allow it to heal?

OP
S

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Yes I sit on the floor now instead of the couch with her.b I don't throw toys. No nothing . Feel horrible for her

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes I sit on the floor now instead of the couch with her.b I don't throw toys. No nothing . Feel horrible for her

I would continue with restricted activity. NO running, jumping, etc. Leashed walks. Also, start her on a joint supplement as soon as possible - warm compresses (heating pad) also help the joints.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
It's elbow dysplasia and it's very common among bulldogs and larger breeds. It usually requires surgery at some point, but try and limit Gracie's activity and keep her at a good weight. She's still growing and they have incredibly loose joints as puppies so try your best to avoid any jumping and be careful around stairs.

As Jess stated above I would also recommend getting Gracie on some Joint supplements. I have had Boris on Joint supplements along with Fish oil since he was 5 months old. The most recommended supplement on the forums is Nujoint Plus, but it has Chicken so we can't use it due to Boris's allergies with chicken (another common thing for EBDs).

Best wishes to you and Gracie!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have a dog, who limped on one of her front legs for quite awhile, starting at about 5 months.. Had no xray done, but the vet said he couldn't feel any problem. I started giving her a glucosimine supplement, and eventually the limping became less often, and now there is no limp at all,she gets the supplement every day, as does my other EBD.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gang has you covered... Good luck keeping her quite for awhile.. They are buggers

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We went thru this with Tilly , they operated twice , basically moved the tendons .
We then purchased stairs for the couch and bed which she used all the time , which please Me as she would jump down and I think that is where the damage was done .

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
We went thru this with Tilly , they operated twice , basically moved the tendons .
We then purchased stairs for the couch and bed which she used all the time , which please Me as she would jump down and I think that is where the damage was done .

You are a lucky one! I built stairs and ramps for our couch, bed and lazy boy, but Boris refuses to use them when getting off of the furniture. He's been limping the last week and I'm afraid there's something wrong or his HD is starting to show. We'll be going to the Vet on Tuesday to get checked out.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
You are a lucky one! I built stairs and ramps for our couch, bed and lazy boy, but Boris refuses to use them when getting off of the furniture. He's been limping the last week and I'm afraid there's something wrong or his HD is starting to show. We'll be going to the Vet on Tuesday to get checked out.

Tilly hated the stairs for the bed is app 31 inches high she was scared of it , the couch was no problem tho not as high . i had to coax her up the bed stairs but she always hated them . GL at the vet I hope all is well and it is just a strain and just needs rest .

OP
S

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
thank you so much for the information.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online