Puppy Agression

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Sometimes Bowser gets very aggressive and tries to bite me out of the blue. Like tonight, he was playing with his toys on his bed and I was sitting on the couch and he just lunges at me and tries to bite me out of the blue. He must've jumped like 2 feet at me. Why is he doing this? He has plenty of toys and I don't play rough with him at all. It was very disheartening to witness this because I believe that a dog should never lunge at his owner no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky my 3 month old pup tries to do that to me. Its usually when he doesn't feel he is getting any attention. I just tell him "no, no bite" and give him a toy to play with. They are just pups and like everyone has said on here thats how they play with there siblings and you are now his family.

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Charlie does the same. He loses his mind if you make eye contact long enough and then needs to be re-directed but be the boss at all times.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
bulldogs love to play rough - it is what they do, especially at the puppy stage. lambeau does this to us as well, we re-direct to a toy after giving a firm NO. it takes time to get them on track with it, as sometimes it is just pent up energy from the day. My two need at least two good wrestling matches a day to make sure the night is quite and without any sudden bouts of biting at us

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Thank you for the encouragement everyone. I feel better already! I'm enrolling him in puppy training classes soon so hopefully that will help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I agree with everyone that it doesn't sound like aggression, just bulldog puppy play. Classes will help, but he'll also calm down with age.

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Aww puppy days! You've gotten great advice, mine is the same as all above.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella was a brindle hellion. Your sweet Bowser will calm soon enough. Puppy class will help.

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
I had Charlie in a 7 week puppy kindergarten class and he had a great time. He was the lowest maintenance puppy there. All the other puppies were either really small or too large and when it was puppy playtime, Charlie just sat back while all of the others went to critical mass. You'll be amazed at how well Bowser will do plus you'll see how how much of a beating he'll take before the bully comes out.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
He is just trying to get you to play in My view both my bullies have done this as I sit and watch the Leafs loose once again . Or they are fed up with the Maple Laughs not sure .
Sounds like he is a or has still puppy in him and that will vary in every dog as to when they settle down a bit , When Tilly slowed from the puppy stage I so missed those play triggers. Redirect the dog to a toy or take him outside to use some energy up or better still have a play with him.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
bulldogs love to play rough - it is what they do, especially at the puppy stage. lambeau does this to us as well, we re-direct to a toy after giving a firm NO. it takes time to get them on track with it, as sometimes it is just pent up energy from the day. My two need at least two good wrestling matches a day to make sure the night is quite and without any sudden bouts of biting at us

Well said My Friend !!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.