Just bought a great collar for bulldogs...

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have tried two others in the last week and half. The first being a regular collar which when he stopped walking which he was doing frequently would pull up to his ears so I tried a slip collar on him and he absolutely would refuse to walk sometimes. I don't know if anyone else has tried these but I am pleased. I will get a harness once he is grown and walks better.

I seen the collar I just ordered which is a PetPDC Comfortflex limited slip collar on a dog training website while I was reading up on training puppies. It is padded and doesn't pinch his skin like the regular slip collar and he has walked great with it. I ordered it off of amazon

Amazon.com : PetPDC ComfortFlex Limited Slip Collar, Large, Raven : Pet Collars : Pet Supplies

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting... Keep us posted on how he does with it

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I love the look of the big chunky collars. Because of the problems bullys have with breathing I choose to only use the Julian k9 harness. I feel collars can restrict a very poor air flow. But like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I ll be interested to see how you go with it.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I keep a collar on Monty all the time with his tags (because I am paranoid) but it is not tight. I have a harness for him when we go out but sometimes when he is being his stubborn self and refuses to go out the back to pee, I have to take him out to the unfenced front. It is a bit of a hassle to put the harness on for literally less than two minutes (that's the max for him!) but the collar will come over his ear and off if I am not careful when he plants his feet. I am wondering how this collar fits for continual wear. Does the part where you attach the lead stick out or does it lay fairly flat? I have been thinking about a regular martingale collar so I am very interested in how this works out. Please let us know how you get on with it.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I keep a collar on Monty all the time with his tags (because I am paranoid) but it is not tight. I have a harness for him when we go out but sometimes when he is being his stubborn self and refuses to go out the back to pee, I have to take him out to the unfenced front. It is a bit of a hassle to put the harness on for literally less than two minutes (that's the max for him!) but the collar will come over his ear and off if I am not careful when he plants his feet. I am wondering how this collar fits for continual wear. Does the part where you attach the lead stick out or does it lay fairly flat? I have been thinking about a regular martingale collar so I am very interested in how this works out. Please let us know how you get on with it.[/QUOTE]

The collar fits loose and other than the d ring where you hook the leash it doesn't really fit any different from a regular collar. Chunky's is loose right now because its a little bit too big for him now but he doesn't seem bothered by it and walks much better with this one than the martingale collar which only made him mad or the regular collar which pulled up to his ears. This one tightens up enough to motivate him to get started or to let me know when he stops without making him mad or pulling over his ears.

If you want more pics let me know and I will try to take some while he is asleep or not paying me any attention.

20150822_211904.jpg20150822_211919.jpg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the pictures. I think I will try one and see how we go!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
After a week or so with the collar he is still doing good with it. He is funny though and when i make him mad by trying to get him to walk or I put some pressure on it to keep him from eating the neighbors flowers or anything else he will get the leash in his mouth and start walking with me. LOL

I swear he eats everything.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
If, putting it on is the concern, I do understand. Use the Julius k 9. It is easy to slip on. Harvey dislike harnesses but once the harness is on, he is ok. I dislike collars because of the pulling that goes on against the dog's neck where the airflow is.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
If, putting it on is the concern, I do understand. Use the Julius k 9. It is easy to slip on. Harvey dislike harnesses but once the harness is on, he is ok. I dislike collars because of the pulling that goes on against the dog's neck where the airflow is.

I will buy a harness once he is closer to being full grown. I usually walk him with slack in the leash but he is a bully and can be stubborn.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought the collar and so far I really like it. It is not tight around his neck at all and tightens up just enough so that it doesn't come up over his ear when he suddenly decides to stop! I only put the lead on his collar when we go out in the front garden, all other times for walks etc, he has his harness on.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Hey there. My 5 1/2 month bulldog puppy, I use a harness on, does not listen well on the harness. They say harnesses are meant for pulling and that’s exactly what he does at times. My last bulldog seem to do well on a regular collar. Any suggestions?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online