Help Needed! discipline

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
can someone help me...i need to know the proper way to discipline or teach my dog to not attack my older female.. shes bigger (older one) but she is getting old and feeble and i worry when younger one jumps on her that she wont be able to defend her self much longer.. this has just started and i now separate them.. last night as my husband and i were putting them to bed , they sleep in our garage and i use to just let them all run together, never been a problem but we decided to start separating the oldest one and as we went into the garage they all went straight to their beds and when the oldest one stepped in garage the youngest one just darted out and jumped her.. my husband pulled her off and she ran right back on her.. it was very upsetting not just for the oldest one but i didnt like seeing my youngest one act like that.. how can i make them get along.. i always make sure there are no toys or food around when they are all out playing in the house and its never been a problem.. any suggestions,, :pouting:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could your older baby be sick or not feeling well? When in a pack the dogs will attack the weakest... Was your oldest the dominating dog before the youngest entered

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
yes, she is getting older and has arthritis in her front leg from a surgery she had when she was a puppy.. had to have pins put in.. vet told us she would get it and i can tell she aging. .. she was the first and the dominant one.
. if she is outside and barks at a stranger my other two females will run out and jump on her and gang up on her.. i discipline them and make the get away from her but nothing i am doing seems to help.. just keeping them separated for now seems to make things worse.. i don't want my older girl to have to be pinned up at all.. i have her on medicine for her leg but wondering if its helping her because she seems moody.. don't know if its pain or just old age.. honestly though shes only going on 8.. i know its kinda old for bulldog but it isn't like shes really old.. ya know what i mean? just want them all to get along..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Talk to you vet about meds options or laser therapy.... It really helped Banks with her arthritis- a lot!

As long as the other pups sense her pain .. It is weakness so they will pack up on her. Get her pain managed and it may help them get back inline.

Also do you use.. Nothing in life is free' training?

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
i need more information about the "nothing in life is free".. i read a few folks talking about it.. can you give me more information or know where i can fine this... they did alot better yesterday around her but my husband was there watching them close and if one of them started to growl or gave her the stink eye he would tell her to no and she seemed to understand he was not going to tolerate it but he cant be there every minute.. but he will if he has too.. thanks for advice, and i will see about the therapy that is available for my girl.. I can not stand it if one of my bulldogs are hurt or in pain..

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Nothing to offer but support, hope it all gets worked out as i am sure it is unsettling and none of us like watching our loved ones endure pain or bullying. A bit jealous 3 of them wow bully haven

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
no i have 4... thats my limit.. lol... it is bulldog heaven most of time until the little devil comes out of gucci,, which ,by the way, she got from her mother abbey, but abbey is now a princess so hoping gucci will realize that can only be one queen..lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.